Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 V92C special edition with under 5K miles. seems like new, really. I've had a lot of other bikes in the past but this one is certainly awesome. The only thing I don't like is the "klunky" shifting. I had an old 66 triumph that sounded/felt similar. I assume it's for similar reasons (ie, the engine & trans are one oil source) Is there anything I can do do smooth this out? Does this increase the need for more frequent oil changes?cheers

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep, he old ones make noise, just the way it is. My 05 was loud, clunked into gear but going down the highway she just kind of purred along. Don't let it bother you, just enjoy the bike.

Years ago I had a Kawasaki Nomad. I was on a trip and wearing ear plugs. One morning I forgot to put them in and headed down the road. The bike make so much noise I thought it was falling apart.
then I remembered the ear plug thing. It was a great bike, never let me down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2000 Victory SE

I bought a 2000 V92C special edition with under 5K miles. seems like new, really. I've had a lot of other bikes in the past but this one is certainly awesome. The only thing I don't like is the "klunky" shifting. I had an old 66 triumph that sounded/felt similar. I assume it's for similar reasons (ie, the engine & trans are one oil source) Is there anything I can do do smooth this out? Does this increase the need for more frequent oil changes?cheers
Congrats on getting a Victory! The title tells you what I have and have had a ball on it.

Now, for the "clunking"....it will do that forever or until you have to change out the tranny! Sorry, it appears that some of the bikes of that period had problems with the tranny. Some of the stories..mine included...skipping gears, shifting down unexpectedly, and just not shifting into gear. Check the previous owner and see if the tranny was fixed or if they got any paperwork from the factory recalling it.

It cost me 3k to get it fixed. Put in a newer tranny (03) and works like a charm. It was a PIA after about 7500 miles and when fixed a perfect lady!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts