Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2001 kingpin. Its my first cruiser I've always owned sportbikes. I just bought this bike and ever since I bought it I've been having this problem with the bike acting like its gonna die while I'm riding it as I twist the thottle it does nothing and then kicks in and goes. Then it will keep repeating it as I'm riding. When I bought it from the guy he said it had 5000 miles on it and it had about 1/4 gallon in the tank and has been sitting for about a month and a half. So when I filled it up and the bike kept doing it I thought it as clogged injectors so I bought injector cleaner and it still doing it. Its acting like its out of gas when it boggs down like that. So can anyone help I want to ride this thing without havin to worry about it breaking down on me.

Thanks steve

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
WEEEEELLLLLL There is NO such thing as an 01 King Pin. The KP was introduced in 04. You have what is known as a V92C

Now that said.
You need to check the charging to make sure it is putting out at least 13.25v, and that your battery terminals are clean and tight

Your ground bundle that bolts to the rear bolt on the left passenger board/peg is clean and tight.

Your fuel pressure is 49psi

1 - 2 of 2 Posts