Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ever experienced their V92's.... "skipping or Missing a beat" I guess would be the best way to describe it. I took a 300 mile ride last weekend, and every once in a while, for no reason, my Vic would miss a beat. I tried several throttle positions and speeds to try and narrow it down and get it to do it again, but really never could pin it down to an exact speed or rpm. TPS was my first thought. Mine has a little over 10k miles. I also recently replaced the spark plugs with NGK Iridium's, Installed a new K&N air filter and added a vented airbox cover. ECM flash needed possibly...???

Love the fourm, althoguh I am still figuring it all out. I have already learned many things from all of your posts. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is no flashing of a '01 ecm, and it doesn't sound like your tps, maybe , but doesn't sound like it. is your tank low when it's happening? I had an issue with my cap not breathing, and it created a vacuum and my bike stuttered, but only when I was around 1.5 gallon or less. If it happens again, crack the gas cap and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be on to something Cornfedboy. I probably had gone 70 miles since my last fill up when this started, BUT your thought ties into another issue I am still having with this bike. Twice now at around 1.5 Gallons in the tank when I have gone to leave in the morning, I have a gas leak (Drip) coming from somewhere above the oil filter. It drips down from somewhere below the mono-shock. By the time I get to work, it's quit, and doesn't leak a drop unless it's running. I have taken the seat and side covers offf, checked the fitting connections at the pump and filter....everything looks fine. Only seems to do it when the tank is at around 1.5 gallons. I thought this was a vapor issue, as it's always first thing in the morning after sitting in the hot garage all night, but the gas is not coming from the overflow line which exits by the rear tire.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have gotten a tank of bad (water in gas) gas and it acted like that.May way to run the tank down and them completely empty iy.Refill with GOOD gas.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I had issues with the lack of get up and go when I was using ethanol fuel. I strictly use non-ethanol fuel or Marine fuel, what ever you have available. just a suggestion.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Apparently, my "not so low fuel stutter" is still there. King run yesterday, lots of miles, down to about 1.5 gallons and it starts to stutter and pop when I roll on it, cracked the gas cap but no change. Might be filter, or weak pump. I'll figure it out at the end of the season. My bike WAS a salvage when i got it, so we'll have to wait and see. Mean time I'll keep 'er fueled and roll!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had the problem of sputtering when lower fuel level was reached.Ended up being bad /water in gas.Try draining it out and refilling.Water will suspend in gas and float to the top making the problem show up at low levels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cornfed......

Better get rid of your bike NOW. Not later NOW! My 2000 SC did the same thing and then the tranny locked up TIGHT! I'm having to replace the engine/trans assembly. Get rid of it now!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Better get rid of your bike NOW. Not later NOW! My 2000 SC did the same thing and then the tranny locked up TIGHT! I'm having to replace the engine/trans assembly. Get rid of it now!!!!!
I'm an idiot.....This should be directed at the guy who started the thread......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TK....What is the correlation between an engine that misses two or three times randomly and a transmission locking up? Not doubting you, just unsure how they are related. Please elaborate on your experience more...

·
Registered
21 Posts
sputtering

My TC did it so ever slightly when I bought it used with 7k on it. I thought for sure it was bad gas. Seemed to come and go with different handlings, maybe it's the plugs, etc. One night it got really bad on the 405 Saturday night with all the crazies. I barely made it home, pulled the seat to charge the battery and the battery tender terminals were a bit Micky. I took them off and charged the battery and never had a problem since, got 11k now, runs great, will take her anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts