Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know if Victory changed the dipstick design between 2001 and the 2003 Freedom Engine. I would like to add a new dipstick with temp guage, but the only ones I can find say it fits back to 2003. They appear the same to me from the pictures, but unsure.

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Im afraid I don't have much for you to work with other than part numbers. 2001 (Hammer engine) dipstick PN is 5433327, 2002 (First Freedom) is still 5433327 and 2003 it changes to 5434349

If I am not mistaken the 02 was prior to the new tranny but did have the big jugs of the freedom so maybe that is why the PN for the 02 is the same. Im a little shakey on this still. Im sure some of the older owners around here know the ansewer, was trying to give ya something to work with until then. Good luck with it!

Tim

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got one for my 02 and it is the same as later. I saw them on ebay for $59 in Florida. I compared mine to an 07 Hammer belonging to a mate, the same. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I am going to order one and hope for the best.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FOLLOW UP..... I received the new dipstick yesterday and it is the exact same thing. If anyone wants to add a Victory dipstick thermometer to their pre 2003 V-92, the part # is 2858110. I got mine on Ebay for $63.00 with free shipping.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Total idiot alert.....(me)

I have no idea what my oil temp is NOW, and never have. (That's not entirely true...my oil temp right now is "room temp".) I'm sure knowing is better than not knowing....

Let's assume I get a thermometer. When it comes to oil temp, what's too low? What's too high?

I've always assumed that - if I had the right amount of the proper oil, and it was changed on schedule - I'd not have any problems that could have been avoided by knowing oil temp.

I guess overheating could be an issue in stop-&-go traffic? But, what are the scenarios where you could be overheating on extended open-road runs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts