Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for setting up the V92 Forum, I hope it is used a lot.
I just did the first oil change on my V92 since I bought it,
Cant believe the improvement it made in shifting and the (knocking sounds) noise made by the engine, it seems to be running better.
The man I bought it from said he had just changed the oil, I had put about 2200 miles on it since I bought it. It made the knocking noisees from the first day I got it, I can only guess he didnt use a good oil. anyway she is running great now and sounds good.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah Shane, I acutally had the dealer do it for me, as they were already replacing recalled parts already. I only had ridden mine a day, so the change wasn't as noticeable for me. Hey, what did you use to catch the oil? kind of low down there, standard auto drip pan won't fit, unless i get one of them nifty motorcycle jacks. I checked my oil last week since i had the dealer service her a month ago, looked a bit weird. the used oil did not look like other used oil i'm used to seeing. a bit milky/chunky almost like secreting puss. maybe i didn't get a close enough look at it since i was sitting on it keeping it upright while i checked it. yours a deluxe? looks very similar to mine, wrinkly bags and everything! lol the engine sounds a bit noisier than i expected...mine's not knocking though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nate, if your in a bind make a trip to wally world and get one of the aluminum turkey roasting pans. Asd they are flexible you can more or less 'bend to fit'. think they sell for $2 or so and of course are disposible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Shane, I acutally had the dealer do it for me, as they were already replacing recalled parts already. I only had ridden mine a day, so the change wasn't as noticeable for me. Hey, what did you use to catch the oil? kind of low down there, standard auto drip pan won't fit, unless i get one of them nifty motorcycle jacks. I checked my oil last week since i had the dealer service her a month ago, looked a bit weird. the used oil did not look like other used oil i'm used to seeing. a bit milky/chunky almost like secreting puss. maybe i didn't get a close enough look at it since i was sitting on it keeping it upright while i checked it. yours a deluxe? looks very similar to mine, wrinkly bags and everything! lol the engine sounds a bit noisier than i expected...mine's not knocking though.
I used the turkey pan from wal mart to catch the oil. as for the milky/chunky stuff that doesnt sound good, sounds like moister "water" got in there some how. Do you keep her inside when not riding ?, I would change it right away.
Anyway sorry it took so long to reply just havnt been on the computer for a long time.
Shane

·
Registered
8 Posts
Me too

I bought my Vic in August and everything was good. Just before I put it away for the winter I did an oil change using Amsoil. What a difference! Like you, right away I noticed the engine was smoother and the difference in shifting is like night and day. I will only use Amsoil in my Vic. thumb up

·
Registered
208 Posts
I use a kitty crap pan bought at the dollar store.
Mick, what oil was used in your bike before Amsoil. and was the Amsoil
20/50 with the JASMO rating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dann,
Sorry I never replied back. As far as what was in the Vic when I bought it, I have no idea. Yes on the 20/50. Stand by for some fresh pictures in the next week or two. I am replacing the stock exhaust with Stage One pipes and chip (these are New Old Stock). Also I plan to replace OEM saddle bags with new hard bags I bought from Jafrum. the OEM are great, but starting to get saggy. The really big news is that I bought NEW tank and fenders and side covers from Rocket Rogers (Old 97 Choppers). These are the black with yellow/orange flames. Really sharp. I added the light bar last year and the Lindby crash bar the year before. The Vic is going to look stunning when I get done.

·
13,239 Posts
you could always roll the wheel up on a block of wood to get clearance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Popkorn,
Yeah, it's pretty speedy to change oil these days. I just did mine last week. Amsoil was around $12/qt a couple of years ago. I got a shop to change mine while they were putting on my new exhaust and to be honest, I didn't even bother to look at what it cost. But I was told by an "expert" that the Polaris oil is better than the Amsoil. So maybe you didn't get mugged. Happy riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts