Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here and hoping to get some guidance. Just purched a 2001 V92c that had been sitting for 4 years. Bight new battery, drained tank, put in a little fresh gas - cranks but not starting. Checked fuel pressure at the valve - zero pressure. Bought new pump, and cannot figure out how to get it installed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 99, started into it today to replace fuel pump. I have read about removing the shock to get out from the top. I also read about removing the battery box, then the steel plate behind it for access. I got the battery box off and started on the plate when I noticed that removing the rear wheel is probably the best way in. In front of the tire is a fabric splash shield zip tied to the frame. Remove wheel, snip the ties, remove the shield and it looks like you can get to it easily, and with all the screws/nuts facing you. I'll find out this weekend if it's the right approach. I have it up on a mc lift so getting it high so you can work in the wheel well is helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TRY TAPPING THE PUMP WITH A HEAVY WRENCH OR SOMETHING!!
I removed the battery box and steel plate to get at my 2000 V92. Pretty straight forward just identify the bolts when u remove them. I had checked for 12volts at the pump before I removed it and It had power so I removed it. Hooked a battery to it on the bench and nothing. Tapped it with my linesman plyers and it started right up. Must have been stuck from sitting for a few years. Pull the fuel line off the throttle body before u start the pump and catch the old fuel/rust in a container until it runs clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts