Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a new problem every week with this thing. After getting a blown fuel hose replaced by local dealer saturday, i went for a 100+ mile ride. Bike ran like a champ. Only issue i noticed was a faint high pitch whistle. Thinking vacuum leak. However, halfway through the ride, i pull off and notice the bike is idling high when i parked it. Usually idles at 1000 rpm but was around 1500-1700. Buddy that was with me says it still acts like a vacuum leak. I finish the ride with no other issues. Fast forward to Tuesday and i get the bike out again. This time, the idle is noticably different. Sounds a bit rough. Also smells like its running a bit rich at idle. But i decide to give it a go. I get down the road a bit and up to 55-60mph. Bike cuts out for a split second, almost like a misfire. I keep riding and keep aware of it. It does it a few more times and then a couple times in a 30 second window then doesnt do it for a while. I ride it home and park it and sure enough, the idle is high again. My question(s) are 1. Would a vacuum leak cause all of the above problems? 2. Would an improper tune on the power commander cause any of it? 3. Could tweaking the PC remedy any of these? 4. If it is a vacuum leak, how do i find it? Would it cost an arm and a leg to take it to the shop and have it fixed? Please help. I just wanna ride.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mechanic's 101;
Go back to the last thing done, And look around at that spot and see if there's a hose off/lose , or cracked..

And just to add check the hose that was replaced also.....

·
13,177 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throttle bodies were cleaned over the winter as well as a new air box gasket. All the rubber parts look fine and i cant find any cracks or leaks in any of the gas lines. How so you reset the TPS?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I figured out the lurching issue. Battery cable rattled loose. Probably the first thing i shoulda checked. But i will check that hose because the idle issue is still there. Along with the high pitch whistle sound that corespondes to the throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts