Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking at a 2001 V92C w/ 50k+ miles. Just wondering if any of you could offer me pointers on what to look for as far as problems with this model. Also, how many miles should I expect an engine to go for before needing a rebuild? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Usual stuff for a 10+ year old bike...

Check:
everything made of or containing rubber (tires, hoses, boots, seals, etc.)
brakes - rotor, pads, etc.
wheel bearings (ask when they were last replaced - if never, it's probably time)
neck bearings (check for excess play)
battery age
shifting behavior (false neutrals, popping out of gear)
overall condition
overall feel when riding it

There are a number of V92C riders with 100k+ miles on their bikes; they are generally pretty robust, long-lived engines.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ocho, all I can say is that I love my 2000 V92C. It is a very comfortable cruiser. I've ridden as long as 900 miles in 14 hours on the stock seat and was not fatigued. I bought mine in March and have put over 7k miles on it. Check out my last thread. It accounts for my 6 months of ownership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Colorado and V92, I'm familiar with that sort of stuff with off road bikes - sounds like the same general concerns. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vicman

Make sure recalls have been done. I have a 2001 Deluxe. I am happy with the bike except for 1st gear popping out of gear from a stop. Looking into this problem. Hope you find what you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts