Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago I purchased an 01 Cruiser. This week I took off the seat, hoping to get rid of the back seat and the sissy bar - as I'll most likely never need room for another rider.

It looks like the main seat latches into the secondary seat's foundation...leaving no option to lose the seat over the fender.

Anyone got any ideas on how to make that happen?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I purchased my 02 v92c it had a solo mustang seat, with a solo bracket to attache the seat where the passenger seat had attached. The former owner had chrome plugs in the three holes where the passenger seat was attached to the fender

·
Registered
60 Posts
corbin sells a solo seat (just ordered one) that comes with a bracket that bolts to the top swingarm brackets under the front seat. I allows you to bolt the solo on to its own bracket. Expensive, but they make a good custom seat and mustang doesn't offer the bracket with their seats.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I cut the plastic front off the front base of the P-Pad, sanded the edges and bolted it to the bike. OEM solo seat latch for zero money. Works great!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thats great, I was in the process of fabricating a bracket to mount a used solo seat, then I talked myself into a new seat :( $$$$

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cut the plastic front off the front base of the P-Pad, sanded the edges and bolted it to the bike. OEM solo seat latch for zero money. Works great!
You know, I had thought of that as well a few months ago...but was afraid to hack that thing in two only to find out that it wasn't stable enough.

I was also afraid to find out that the back end of that OEM seat would look funny without the pillion pushed up against it.

Don't suppose you could post a pic of the seat the way you have it?

I've actually found the OEM seat to be plenty comfortable.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You know, I had thought of that as well a few months ago...but was afraid to hack that thing in two only to find out that it wasn't stable enough.

I was also afraid to find out that the back end of that OEM seat would look funny without the pillion pushed up against it.

Don't suppose you could post a pic of the seat the way you have it?

I've actually found the OEM seat to be plenty comfortable.
No close ups, but from another post:

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
solo seat

I don't have my seat yet, but if you go to corbin.com and look up the hollywood solo for the V92, there will be installation instructions that show how the bracket is set up and installed. Its pretty simple really Now that I've spent all that money on the new seat, I am thinking that it would have been fairly easy to fabricate a setup like Corbin uses. I'd bet you could use a little imagination and some steel brackets from the hardware store. A drill, grinder, and some nuts and bolts. The only thing I have to fabricte on mine is a bracket to bolt on an old harley chrome seat rail that I bought on ebay. I don't think anyone sells a seat rail for a V92. They are old school and look cool. The pic in my garage photo gives you an idea what its gonna look like., The seat and rail are just sitting on the bike right now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a shame that you didn't ask sooner.

I would have traded you straight up - my stock seat and passenger seat for that solo rack!

But...alas....I hacksawed the passenger seat off the other day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts