Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. It took me twelve years to buy the bike I always wanted and I found a beauty. She is a 2002 Victory with only 10,000 miles on her. The sad part is, I can't find a windshield, engine guards, or sissy bar to fit her. Where are all the aftermarket parts for this bike?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Greetings, you can go with a Memphis or Rifle windshield-pretty sure they're still available. You can get a Lindby crash bar if your OK with their shape & I'm pretty sure the Cobra sissy bar for the same vintage of Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan are the same piece. Other than that your going to have to watch the classifieds & Ebay.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is useful information. Thank you for the reply. I was looking at the Mephis shields and wondering if they will block the view of the speedo. The sissy bar tip is helpful too. Thank you.

·
Registered
361 Posts
'02 was the first year of the Freedom engine and the smaller oil cooler-I could be wrong but I don't see why a one piece 03 bar wouldn't work for you.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The 03 and up lindby bars are for Vegas and kingpin. I don't think they'll work on the v92. If you can find highway bars from a v92tc, they should fit

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
An '02 is outside the age that the after market folks seem to target so you may have trouble finding goodies to improve your ride.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Windshield

I definitely have to get a windshield. I went for a long ride today and had to keep pulling my helmet off the back of my head. What a great bike though. Loving every moment of it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ghost, can you send a picture of your bike so I can see what you have? I have been looking at Memphis Shades but there are so many to choose from. 20140927_133802[1].jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Windshield

That is EXACTLY what I want. I suppose you bought the quick disconnect system too? I priced it all at $350.00. It should be worth it. I always enjoyed the wind in my face but I don't remember it being so mean. Thank you for the picture. What year is your bike? Just curious.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked at your profile and saw it was a 2003. Beautiful bike. I noticed you are a Ford tech too. I don't know if that means you love or hate Fords but i am a die hard Ford man. I am rebuilding a 1924 Model T I have owned for thirty five years. Long project.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes I got the quick disconnect, not the trigger-lock kit, but you just back off the screws on the mounts like half a turn and it pops right off.

I've always been a ford guy, my dad and grandfather wouldn't have anything else. My dad has always wanted to restore a model T, but he has to many other projects to work on lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
My great grandfather, Horace Chubbock, was the head engineer at Ford under Henry Ford II in the forties thru the sixties. We used to be tight with the Ford family but drifted apart. I love em.

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's pretty damn cool! My dad has a few cars that are in that time frame. We've always been ford folks. I've never had any serious problems out of mine that weren't my fault :rolleyes:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2002 Victory

I found one on ebay too from Pinwall that came with the horizontal brackets. I also found a correct windshield (with some scratches) from Pinwall. Got them in yesterday. Putting them on today. I will post a picture of what I got. It kind of feels like finding buried treasure.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Back in the 60s I had me a 1926 Model T roadster, absolutely stock right down to the wooden spoke wheels. That was the first year of the electric starter, but wherever I went, folks wanted to see me crank it to start.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2002 Victory and 1924 Model T

I just love things American made and I like seeing every piece stamped that way. It also seems that everything I buy has some wear on it. I have never bought new because I enjoy polishing things up. Check out the model T's first time running and moving in sixty years.

20141018_173217.jpg

20141018_173323.jpg

20141018_173323.jpg

20141018_173328.jpg

20141018_173334.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts