Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey alll, I am trying to start the V92C I picked up - I have yet to hear her run, it has been sitting a few years. I thought it was a battery issue, but even with a new battery, the starter relay just clicks. We are checking connections, fuses etc at the moment, does anyone have any wisdom to assist us in troubleshooting this today? I am dying to hear her run, only 6880 miles on it. Thanks!:)

EDIT:It is in my friends garage in New Hampshire 60 miles from me, so the next time I go up I want to have a "plan of attack" for troubleshooting the issue. The thing is pretty pristine, I am hoping it's nothing too serious. I took the relay off and cleaned it up, reinstalled, no go. Any sage wisdom for approaching the troubleshooting would be appreciated! I am looking about for the service manual as well, I may go up next Thursday or maybe next weekend.

·
Registered
813 Posts
is it a constant click, like a buzz? the relay could be bad or the starter could be locked up. Try rocking bike in gear, hope motor is not locked. Are you sure your battery is good? When I bought my 99 last year the guy had put a battery in it just a few months earlier. Turned out to be a junk battery from walmart. Would cause all kinds of problems. Put a good battery in it and it have made a world of difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ya, I put a brand new battery in it it, the old one was good as I put it in my old GoldWing commuter bike(I am on it today). I guess that next step is to isolate the problem, and figure out whether the starter and relay are good, obviously don't want to start just replacing electrical components. Is there a way to test the relay, also can I test the starter by hooking a +jumper to the connection on the starter where the big cable hooks on?

EDIT - the starter relay in it is the exact one in the attachment(Tyco V23132 A2001 A200) , but the Polaris website parts list calls for a "2410181" - is the one in it OEM?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts