Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Vic. Service manual calls for a damper rod holder pn/ 43517 it say to use if damper rod spins. Has anyone had experience changing fork seals? If I copy my pages from manual and get parts & oil. Would any cycle shop be able to rebuild my forks after I remove them?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Try using a Sealmate to clean the gunk out of the seals before you dive into pulling your forks down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try using a Sealmate to clean the gunk out of the seals before you dive into pulling your forks down.
Conclusion. It's a fairly easy project. Seal mate or a home made tool will clear the dust seal but not the oil seal. If the upper and lower bushing will not come out when pulling apart. Fry the business end of the leg in cooking oil and they will pop out with a little persuasion .

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Conclusion. It's a fairly easy project. Seal mate or a home made tool will clear the dust seal but not the oil seal. If the upper and lower bushing will not come out when pulling apart. Fry the business end of the leg in cooking oil and they will pop out with a little persuasion .

The dust seal should be pried up and out of the way before attacking the actual fork seal with the sealmate,
no need to dive into the forks till youve tried the sealmate used properly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
In my Vic. Service manual calls for a damper rod holder pn/ 43517 it say to use if damper rod spins. Has anyone had experience changing fork seals? If I copy my pages from manual and get parts & oil. Would any cycle shop be able to rebuild my forks after I remove them?

If you use a rattlegun on the socket head screw holding the bottom of the damper rod to the fork slider, you probably can get it undone without spinning the damper rod.

Reactions: ronrymanr1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts