Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 victory V92 vegas. I was running pretty hard and shut the engine off, and was ready to go again and the bike would not start. All it would do is make a clicking sound from the little black box were the speed sensor plugs into. I was able to push start it in second and got it to a location i could park it and return for it with a trailer. After push starting it, it ran real ruff and the engine light came on. I thought it was a battery problem but on my voltage meter it registered 13 volts. Does any one have any ideas or suggestions, about the symptoms, or if it may be the speedsensor needing replacement? thanks

·
12,970 Posts
The volt meter when running should read 14v. With bike off the battery should read 12,5V
As old as your bike is you just might have a bad battery. Put it on a charger over night and then go have a load test done on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response VJ, and yes to all the above. The battery is less than a year old. The clicking noise is coming from the relay box, where the speed sensor and two battery connections come into. Its made by tyco, and they call it a electromechanical relay. Could that be it? Hopefully not the starter. What are your thoughts? thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts