Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
I haven't ridden one, but the 2016s look badass. I was looking at a red one today at a dealer and they're good lookin bikes. I really like the new front wheel they're putting on them

·
Registered
566 Posts
Interesting topic. I really like the color scheme on the new Red/Black Hammer and decided to go to the dealership to check it out. The new hammer is a great looking bike and I did like it a lot, BUT, what surprised me is how much cheaper made it felt compared to mine. Granted, my 07 is the Nuclear Sunset orange color with lots of nice shiny chrome bits, but man, the new bikes just feel like they are built with cheaper materials and paint quality just seemed blah...
But maybe it just me...

My bike is paid for and for with money saved from not trading up I can do a lot of very radical modding to my 07. So in my case, there was no way in heck I was trading up... but, you might feel differently. So go check out the new bike for yourself and see how you feel about it. :wink

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Thinking of trading up. Has anybody here ridden both? Is it that much of a better bike?
Can't you go ride the '16 and see for yourself?

14 cubic inches larger engine
6 Speed overdrive trans
Groovy wheels
Painted frame

Then again, you could 'upgrade' to a 2007 and get the 100/6 a lot cheaper.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the rest input. I've read that back in MY012 Victory replaced approximately 40% of the transmission with new components. Also they addressed customer concerns regarding high frequency sounds from the engine (primary gear and cam drive?).
It seems like Victory engineers make improvements on a constant basis. This is the 18th motorcycle I've owned over the years and I love it. After a bunch of BMW bikes the Victory is visceral in a way that makes me laugh out loud in my helmet. :devil
I really need to ride a 16.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Ride one is the best advice Ive heard,
styling is all subject to your taste, personally I think the new front wheel looks a bit 'gay'
No judgement on those that like it, but I definitely don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts