Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic tells me my fuel pump is not putting out enough pressure. Also says the 2004 kingpin pump is not available from the dealer any more. rylan at the vic shop can rebuild it, but was wondering if anyone knows who made them originally and if that pump was a standard part on another vehicle? TI automotive might have been the manufacturer but can't get the part# till shop opens tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone here has replaced their pump and from where?

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
A lot of people are using the Quantum fuel pumps as a replacement with good results. Of course there will always be those who don't get the results they expect and of course they will be very vocal on the Internet. All products made by man has a success/fail rate.

https://www.highflowfuel.com/p-2965-home.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna suggest that to my mechanic tomorrow and get the model number. Pretty sure walbro made the pump.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my kingpin back yesterday, runs great again. Problem I was having was around town, it would not run at a steady rpm without surging, coughing, and jerking. they replaced the intake gasket, showed me where it wasn't seated properly and said it sucked air making it run lean and low pressure on fuel pump, He talked to rylan and replaced the pump with a walbro pump from quantum. Gave me the old one, but since I am not the original owner, I am not 100% certain it was the original pump. Anyway he replaced it and it runs fine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My mechanic found the Walbro F20000-107 and 17106-3 where what he rebuilt my 07' Kingpin with.
for what that's worth.
Plus don't let the tank set empty or way low on gas. suggestion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem here in the winter it gets cold and I don't ride much, so the gas in the tank doesn't last long. unleaded with alcohol and winter formulation is not the best gas. Non alcohol gas is not available here, so don't even think it.So I try to keep very little in the tank and then go get more when I want to ride on a warmish day, If I fill it the whole tank goes bad.

·
13,262 Posts
Rylan will make better then new. He is one of the Victory guys around.
Trust him you'll be happy

·
13,262 Posts
problem here in the winter it gets cold and I don't ride much, so the gas in the tank doesn't last long. unleaded with alcohol and winter formulation is not the best gas. Non alcohol gas is not available here, so don't even think it.So I try to keep very little in the tank and then go get more when I want to ride on a warmish day, If I fill it the whole tank goes bad.
Little gas will only lead to continuation and the gas liner can flake off. Add gas stable and fill tank to the top.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll give it a try. I read about rylan here and called him and so did my mechanic. He did use a walbro pump, I think rylan told him which one. Very helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts