Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all, looking forward to learning about the proper care and feeding of my new bike.

I just picked up a 2004 Kingpin today.
2740 miles on it. Nice bike.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Greetings to all, looking forward to learning about the proper care and feeding of my new bike.

I just picked up a 2004 Kingpin today.
2740 miles on it. Nice bike.
Wow! With low miles like that it was definitely a garage queen. Great for you but a bummer for the person who owned it.

I too have an 04 KP and love riding it. Handles great with lots of power on tap. A basic stage one is all it really needs to run well and sound good.

All it needs is the obvious maintenance stuff. You can download a manual from the link in my sig line for more info on all that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BBob,
I started a manual download as my first move on the site.
I do like the bike. It surprised me that the original tires were still not cracked or checked. But it was down to 11 psi in the tires.
The heel-toe shifter is a bit strange for me. I suspect that I might have to cut off the heel part, but will try first just removing the rear horizontal bar.

So far, I cannot find a method to edit a signature...maybe I need to make a few more posts or something.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Oh, I wouldn't get in a big rush to do anything with heal shifter except maybe to take off the rear peg. It just screws on but it's got some threadlock on it so a set of vise grips or channel locks with a rag in between them and peg to protect it will get it off. I'm pretty sure they are just screwed on. I know they are on my XC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts