Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum... a Victory will be my next bike. Demo rode the Cross Roads, then Kingpin plus a couple of others this summer. I will most likely be going with either a Cross Roads or Kingpin. I also found a real nice 2004 Kingpin with 12,000 miles... very nice condition, well taken care of with many extras for a good price. Any thoughts on the 2004 Kingpin... good or not so good.

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have owned 4 - HDs, several Suzuki a Honda an NSU and a Cushman and a couple I can't spell. I had my eye on a Heritage Classic but after a test ride found my self disappointed. I test rode a V-Star and Honda but ended up test riding a used Vic. After riding the Vic I found an 04 KP with 9,000 miles bought it and never looked back. It fits good and is comfortable on the road, gets decent mileage and is fun to ride and easy to handle.

Spug
04 Vic KP
80 Sporty

·
Registered
8 Posts
04 Kingpin

Just bought mine!! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
2004 Kingpin, great bike great engine only thing is no 6th gear.
+1. Highway speeds are pretty loud with the stage 1 exhaust. I really wish the bike had another gear.
The only other gripe I have is there should be a visor or something on the indicator lights. Bright sunlight can cause them to look like they're on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for that link, I didn't know that site existed. Sounds like an overdrive pulley would mess with speedometer and odometer readings. Maybe something like a speedohealer to fix that?

·
Registered
203 Posts
The overdrive pulley does NOT change the speedometer at all. The speed sensor reads the teeth on the pulley as they pass and it doesn't care how many there are. The tooth spacing is the same on the stock and overdrive pulley. I have one on my bike and it is a great addition. Also, I couldn't find another Vic that I liked more than my 04 KP when I did the demo rides. The Vision was pretty nice but that's a lot of money and I don't ride long distances very often. The 2012 KP had some nice features but it wasn't even close to being as comfortable as my bike. In any case, I put a bunch of money in my bike and couldn't be happier with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts