Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All Posting in the hopes someone here might be willing and able to shed some light on my issue.

I have a 2004 92 TC I had my biked stored inside this winter and would have started it several times this winter but it wouldnt fire. I put new plugs in it a week or so ago and it started fine .... ran a bit rough and backfired occasionally for the
first 15 minutes or so of the first ride but then was fine after that for the remainder of the 2 hour run.
I went to go for a ride the next day ... It started right up but it was backfiring and bogging out a bit again during a 10 min run so I came home.
I had never cleaned the throttle body before so I thought that might be a place to start. I carefully followed the instructions found here https://thebikersgarage.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/victory-throttle-body-cleaning/
I also emptied all the fuel from the tank by turning it upside down and put in new fuel.
I got it it back together but now it wont fire at all when trying to start it. There is lots of spark at the plugs, fuel pump is pressurizing up as normal, cant seem to see any obvious fuse issue. So im wondering if someone here might offer a suggestion or two if something comes to mind that I could try to gitter running. Thanks in advance Rick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...just read through Bill Cranes thread on his 03 starting issue. I will try to put some of that info to use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok seems i was a bit premature posting on my issue as i have come across yet more information here on potential causes
for my no start issue. so... I will plug on and update on what i find before I waste any ones time by asking questions that already been posted. Cheers

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Will it start while you hold the throttle open? I had an 05 Kingpin. It sat through a winter and somehow lost the TPS setting.
I topped and farted and ran like crap. It would clear up if I ran it kind of hard , then when it came back down to lower rpms it would run crappy again. It turned out to be that tps.
Start with new plugs first, if they fouled it won’t start. It took me a couple sets of plugs to figure that out.
Another possibility is maybe a cracked throttlebody adapter, the rubber seems to deteriorate and cause vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Tarzan. It wouldnt start with the throttle open. I did put new plugs in it and it fired up. Wouldnt have thought they were messed as they were only 1 day old. So it was backfiring with new plugs on the first run of the year , I cleaned the throttle body which was pretty dirty but by then I guess the new plugs were fouled enough that it wouldnt start after the cleaning? Have to run it now and see if the fouling continues I guess. Hopefully thats all it was. thanks for your input Tarzan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts