Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post, just bought my Vic, I really enjoy it...but I'm on the short side and would like to move the foot pegs back just a bit.

I see that victory makes a peg relocation kit -1.25, but it only list that it fits newer models? Has anyone had experience with this part, is there any reason that it wouldn't fit a 2004 Vegas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Foot controls

I just did this to my 03 Vegas around 2 months ago...if you look on the Vegas section of the forum you'll find the post that was discussed around 3 weeks ago...it has foot controls in the title.
To start things off, I've posted my reply to the other guy. Basically, the foot peg brackets from a 2010 Vegas Low will work...with a small mod to the brake pedal....

OK...so I originally posed the question of 'moving the pegs back' on the forum. I wanted to know if it could be done, and if the parts were available and that I could make it happen. I also e mailed Polaris and was given the name of a major parts Dealer in the US. I called the Dealer...very helpful, said it would be an easy fix and that the footrest brackets off a 2010 Vegas Low should work OK. (The Dealer name and phone # is on my notepad at work, but if you need it let me know and I'll post it for you)
Co-incidentally, a couple of days later a guy on the forum sent me a response...he had purchased the very same brackets (OEM) to do the same fix, but never got round to it. I bought the kit from him for $120 or so. Arrived still in the OEM packaging.
The swap was easy. I painted the new brackets first, to match the frame. Small mod needed to the brake pedal, but easily fixed with a file and a vise. Took around 2 hours (including messing around with the pedal). Brake lines worked out fine, no mods needed.
The outcome? No kidding, it's transformed the bike...especially the low speed control. I feel as though I'm further forward towards the bars, and the overall effect gives confidence and precision. I say this after 30 years of riding on trail, street and sport bikes, so the feet forward thing was really alien to me. I was at the point of selling the bike, but not now. The only complaint I had has been sorted! Hope this helps...it's definitely worth the effort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks if you guys say that kits for 2005+ will actually work for a 2004 I will give it a shot. My concern was that there was some difference that would prevent this kits from working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts