Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched like crazy...

I live down the street from wally mart. Someone please tell me a filter I can find there for it. Not a FRAM... even though they have size readily available.

Bosch and purolator are 2 I've used on previous bikes. I think Advanced Auto has wix I've used before. You got numbers on any of these? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If you object to tossing old filters like I do, you can also look at a K&P reuseable filter. The model S1 fits all Vics.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Don't think I've seen an oil filter debate spool up on this forum. Nice job bringing it over here from the Kawi boards DP.

wac

·
Registered
681 Posts
I looked up some cross referencing websites for the 92 inch motor and finally found a motorcraft filter that was supposed to work. Grabbed one from my parts guy just to make sure. Been using the motorcraft filter for awhile now

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yesterday. I got the wix filter $8 with tax. I got Rotella T6.

Not used to 6 qts of oil coming out of any bike I've owned and man did I make a mess.

As expected, it quietened down some of racket coming from the front of motor. It shifts just as it did... kerplunk! LOL! No surprise either.

I also added some seafoam to the tank.

I'm good for about 5,000 depending on the performance.

Next will come new plugs and TB cleaning.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I use a Cooper WZ429 in Australia from Cheapa Auto Spares, $6 a hit.
or if you buy 5 litres of motor oil for your car at $17.50 then they throw in a filter for free.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
T6 oil was $22 a gallon. I had to get 2 jugs. I'm going by this chart on the wix filter. I'm checking around the bike for any leaks as I would do with any bike.

There is an area here that looks wet on the gray part. This is NOT it but a previous pic. It is not wet or oily feeling but does look like it was at one time. It was not like this before. Again, 6 qts of oil is a shocker to me.
wet.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
I use a Mobil 1 M110 filter.

·
12,984 Posts
DillPickle311
You said 6 qts came out hope your guessing. How much oil did you put in???
Tighten up the primary allens and the weeping should stop. If not you need a new gasket and don't expect the dealer to have one in stock.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DillPickle311
You said 6 qts came out hope your guessing. How much oil did you put in???
Tighten up the primary allens and the weeping should stop. If not you need a new gasket and don't expect the dealer to have one in stock.
Well! I know for a fact what came out was much more than 3 qts.

I put in 6 qts with filter.

I also can confirm that after owning this bike for about 3 weeks, then changing oil to T6, gas mileage has increased a little under 10 mpg. thumb up

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Well! I know for a fact what came out was much more than 3 qts.

I put in 6 qts with filter.

I also can confirm that after owning this bike for about 3 weeks, then changing oil to T6, gas mileage has increased a little under 10 mpg. thumb up
I'm a Rotella user but almost 10 mpg increase.......that's very optimistic at best.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm a Rotella user but almost 10 mpg increase.......that's very optimistic at best.
I expected that response! I'm pretty sure the old oil had started breaking down which was evident by the engine sound and the low fuel light coming on at 120 miles.

Today it was at 146 miles and light had not come on. It only needed 3.07 gallons.

When someone is diligent about keeping oil changed, you don't realize the difference it makes in mileage. Old oil makes it work harder. I ain't an expert... I just know what this bike was doing and the difference T6 made.

I've also ran several cans of seafoam thru it and who knows... this most likely helped as well.

I can't funnel $$ into upgrades but I can sure keep it running well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts