Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Victory Kingpin
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
Just got my first victory today. Picked up an 05 kingpin two months ago from a dealership. They had to replace the fuel pump and it took them awhile to get the o-rings in to replace it.
They delivered it today and it's running rough, almost lurching at idle, and the speedometer is bouncing around clockwise all over the place?
Once I get into gear the speedometer seems to work okay, but still the bike runs rough.
Are there any things I can look for to try to get this bike running right?
Also, the gear indicators are not working. Neutral and turn signals work, but nothing on the gears.
I searched the forms but didn't see anything on the speedometer and just really want to get this thing running right. I always wanted a victory, and love the white color. It's my 50th birthday present to myself. Any help and or ideas would be really appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,872 Posts
The gear indicator only works when you are moving, except neutral.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Hey everyone.
Just got my first victory today. Picked up an 05 kingpin two months ago from a dealership. They had to replace the fuel pump and it took them awhile to get the o-rings in to replace it.
They delivered it today and it's running rough, almost lurching at idle, and the speedometer is bouncing around clockwise all over the place?
Once I get into gear the speedometer seems to work okay, but still the bike runs rough.
Are there any things I can look for to try to get this bike running right?
Also, the gear indicators are not working. Neutral and turn signals work, but nothing on the gears.
I searched the forms but didn't see anything on the speedometer and just really want to get this thing running right. I always wanted a victory, and love the white color. It's my 50th birthday present to myself. Any help and or ideas would be really appreciated.
On a 16 year old bike I would very carefully inspect all the rubber pieces in the intake track for cracking. Be certain there are no air leaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts