Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2005 Kingpin and am having it shipped next week. Once it arrives is there an easy way to tell if it has Stage 1 kit installed? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I can't tell you what the difference will be necessarily. I do know my '05 had a stage 1 exhaust on it when I bought it. The exhaust looked the same as stock pipes, but it had Victory Performance etched in it.They had a nice mellow rumble,but not too loud.
The only other thing that I know of could be stage 1 is the air filter and air box cover.
If you are lucky, hopefully the PO removed that restrictive stock airbox and added an aftermarket one. That was the first thing I did was cut the airbox out and install a S&S Airbox. Money well spent.
Then I pulled the Stage 1 pipes and got aftermarket pipes. Those two mod's woke my bike right up. Now I know that Canada has strict noise laws from what Ive read on these forums, so you may have to stick with stock or stage 1 pipes.
Can you post a pic of the bike?Maybe a link to the ad where you found it?Then people could look at it and tell you more about what ou have.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Post a pic of the muffler ends when you can.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer has removed the bike from his site so no longer available to see pics now. I will post pictures when the bike is delivered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did find a picture that the dealer had sent me that I put in my garage but I will post pictures of the ends of the pipes once the bike is delivered (probably 10 - 14 days as it is coming from Florida to Canada)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike does not have Stage 1 but I have ordered a kit. Just wondering if anyone knows if I will have any issues installing this myself? I was hoping to install the air box, air filter and pipes myself and then take the bile to the dealer for them to remap the fuel. Any input would be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts