Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used tank for my 2006 hammer and the one I bought only has one vent/drain hose on the bottom and the gas cap will not bolt up. any idea what this is off of so I can get the appropriate gas tank cap? Tank is identical other than that. Anyone else ran into this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im actually in KY, but i was wondering if the tank i had with one vent was a cali tank or off of a different bike or a different year.
Its obviously off of something different. Parts picture says one is a water drain and other one is a vent/ overflow, I actually havent traced them on the bike yet, they seperate at the battery so i didnt have to completely pull them.

·
12,970 Posts
Photos would make a difference in us helping you. Bottom top and side would be nice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The tank with the sticker on top is my original. Please note the difference in bolt pattern of gas cap ring and difference in location of the vent for my cap. I think i can fix this problem if i can find out what gas cap my replacement tank needs.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased a cap for a Kingpin off of ebay and its the same one I currently have. Could have been off of something else I guess. Anybody else got a opinion on what I have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts