Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been eyeing the Victory's for a while now and got to ride one last fall. The bike I rode was a 2006 carry over (which they still have) they have had in parades and on test rides..it has ~300 miles. They have installed a stage 2 and a HID kit. With all their incentives, the dealer was telling me $15,800 is the price...seems a little high for them having a 3 year old NEW bike. Maybe I am off my rocker, but it just seems for a few hundred more, I could jump up to an 07. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2006 Kingpin executive bike, no miles brand new with 5 year warranty,, $9900.00 !!!

So yeah i would say 15 is high!

Bill

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I realize this is an old post but could someone explain what an executive bike is? As far as that goes what is a premium king pin? I understand the 8 ball edition is the no frills.

(presently own a V rod and a Gl800 wing and looking for a third bike in more of a traditional cruiser and the King pin caught my eye)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I realize this is an old post but could someone explain what an executive bike is? As far as that goes what is a premium king pin? I understand the 8 ball edition is the no frills.

(presently own a V rod and a Gl800 wing and looking for a third bike in more of a traditional cruiser and the King pin caught my eye)
premium is going to have extra chrome as well as a passenger setup, and possibly a tach, not sure about that one

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kingpin 8 ball are blacked out and solo (first year available was 09 I think). All other Kingpins have passenger seats. Deluxe has passenger backrests, passenger floor boards and windshield. Kingpin deluxe premium have all of the above and the front end, trees, forks, wheels, control housings, swing arm, are chrome or polished billet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
TOOO MUCH!

I bought a new (6 miles) 2007 KP with Stage 1 pipes last August with the 5 year warranty for $12,600. Included the new air box and remapping.

Yeah, too much money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to make something clear her......

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STAGE TWO FOR THE O6/O7 V/KP/JP/HAMMER

Stage 1 was pipes, filter, vented cover, and map

Stage 3 was a 99 intake, cams, and a map

BUT NO STAGE 2 WAS AVAILABLE
Yes my bad. This bike has a stage 1 done, as they still have the bike sitting in their showroom. Not too hard to believe they still have this. 2006 with 1500 miles with a dent in the fender they are still asking $15,000.....wow. I don't even know where to begin with bargaining with them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Kevinx, While you are on the topic of pipes and stage 1. I am still trying to plan my strategy of getting Gma' to pay for this. Is it worth the difference of S&S breather $ Vs. K/N with the stage 1 slipons? This is an 07' tour. I ride alone so I don't don't have anybody to complain about my going too fast I mean using too much power. I currently am stock. I know I asked a similar question once a while ago. I just need backup with Gma'.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Kevinx, While you are on the topic of pipes and stage 1. I am still trying to plan my strategy of getting Gma' to pay for this. Is it worth the difference of S&S breather $ Vs. K/N with the stage 1 slipons? This is an 07' tour. I ride alone so I don't don't have anybody to complain about my going too fast I mean using too much power. I currently am stock. I know I asked a similar question once a while ago. I just need backup with Gma'.
i'm not kevin but yes there is a difference no doubt, the K&N and stage one pipes are actually power robbing not power adding

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't understand?? I thought the slip on mufflers (not stock) were stage1. plus the K/N filter? But I was thinking about the S&S air box/breather rather than the K/N? Thinking it would give more air, thus more opportunity to tune for more power?? Have I ever got a lot to learn.... and I am open to all the advice I can get. Gma just pays my bills with our $. Most bang for the buck I guess is what I am after. Thanks for your reply.

We need a Book "Victorys for Dummys" just smart enough to buy one.
I love the bike!!!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't understand?? I thought the slip on mufflers (not stock) were stage1. plus the K/N filter? But I was thinking about the S&S air box/breather rather than the K/N? Thinking it would give more air, thus more oppertunity to tune for more power?? Have I ever got a lot to learn.... and I am open to all the advice I can get. Gma just pays my bills with our $. Most bang for the buck I guess is what I am after. Thanks for your reply.
as far as getting the bang for your buck get the S&S breather and dump the K&N filter thats your first order of business then get yourself new exhaust, i run (or will be soon) a Bassani 2 into 1 which i believe others will agree (kevin and Diamond) that 2 into ones are about eh best route you can go on our bikes especially if its a RPW or Bassani

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks 07ACE, Now I have to go back to the drawing board. This is good advice I know. I probably won't say what I end up doing because I'm tight, but not as tight as Gma'. I still have a little time before the "melt". (Omaha)

·
Registered
119 Posts
[]
It sounds like I owe several of you an appology. I have been trying to get by for less $ than it obviously will cost to upgrade. 1k at least is more than I can justify right now. I hope you aren't too upset from my questions. I will try to limit them from trying to sound too cheap. I love the bike as it sits. The upgrades are still on the horizon. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
i'm not kevin but yes there is a difference no doubt, the K&N and stage one pipes are actually power robbing not power adding
Not true. The S1 slip-ons make great power. You may be thinking about the Vic SWEPT pipes that pretty much slow you down while making the bike louder.
The K&N that comes with the Vic S1 slip on kit is OK, but the S&S can make HUGE gains when added to that package

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not true. The S1 slip-ons make great power. You may be thinking about the Vic SWEPT pipes that pretty much slow you down while making the bike louder.
The K&N that comes with the Vic S1 slip on kit is OK, but the S&S can make HUGE gains when added to that package
i thought he had the swept pipes, my bad for the mis information, but bottom line S&S is whats up

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thank you gentlemen. I Now have a plan that I may be able to push through Gma'. She has NO love for MCs at all. I can present an economical plan to her with this improvement and I should be able to swing it. After 40 years, she thinks it is her turn to be the BOSS for the second 40. tom

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Don't worry about being THRIFTY. All of the parts I took off Porti were sold to people being SMART and saving over new.

I've had 3 different handle bars.

4 different exhausts if you count stock.

3 sets of wheels if you count the stock wheels.

2 Pulleys.

3 sprocket covers.

3 clutch perch and brake controls

2 sets of switch gears

3 different sets of engine covers

The people that bought these parts saved over half if they bought new.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks Diamond, I was just about to reply with "What are you going to do with those parts you took off" trying to be humorous, then I was smart enough to go back and re-read your post. Good catch huh? I have been told I am not as funny as I think I am anyway.

Thanks Guys, I just explained everything to Gma'. No explosion. I haven't won the war yet though. tom

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.