·
Registered
946 Posts
Have you lost the sht eatin grin yet from riding all day :grin:grin

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Good touring bike then. I think the new TR3's are 2500 cc's. Biggest production motorcycle engine.

How's the longevity on these engines so far? I know there's are a ton of variables but are they routinely getting over 100k out of them before rebuilds?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Good touring bike then. I think the new TR3's are 2500 cc's. Biggest production motorcycle engine.

How's the longevity on these engines so far? I know there's are a ton of variables but are they routinely getting over 100k out of them before rebuilds?
From what I'm reading yes, they seem to be reliable and long living. Early ones like mine have had some transmission problems but like all vehicles you hear of the 20 bad ones not the 2500 good ones. Mine seems fine.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I've always liked those bikes but sadly I haven't seen many on the road the last few years like I used to. Kind of like a Victory!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Are those aftermarket pipes? If so, howzit sound? I like that the license plate doubles as a splash guard.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Got the cable today to plug into the ECU, now I can load maps, sync the throttle bodies, turn off the o2 sensor, raise the RPM limit, raise the max speed limit, do diagnostic checks and more. The software is TUNE ECU and it's free, the cable cost me $20. Simple plug and play. Tons of maps outside of the web site.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
You are having too much fun with that beast. Good on ya!

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You are having too much fun with that beast. Good on ya!
Thank you Ric, It's a lot of fun getting to know a motorcycle brand you've never owned......isn't it? :D

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Thank you Ric, It's a lot of fun getting to know a motorcycle brand you've never owned......isn't it? :D
Yes....I can certainly attest to that. :grin

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey, you! No one in the group is gonna be able to keep up with you! I’m looking forward to our next ride together, so I can see that beast in person!

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey, you! No one in the group is gonna be able to keep up with you! I’m looking forward to our next ride together, so I can see that beast in person!
Hopefully soon Ben, it's been a long time.

Reactions: BenD

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
funny that you posted this because this weekend i am taking the XR to a dealer down in NYC with a Rocket 3 Touring....
tired of getting the BS run around with searching for parts for the XR..
What happened?

You won't be disappointed l have owned 3 of them
My ignition stitch went out.....as I pulled into the driveway. The dreaded white wire except it didn't come unsoldered the contact on the back side had worn to the point it lost contact. I have a new ignition switch ordered. The suggestion on the forums is to go to LED headlights to ease the draw on the white wire and stop the wear. I like LED headlights and this was something I was going to do anyway.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HHMGLB0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
946 Posts
If you are talking bout ur r3
Eastern beaver kit will help relieve the stress on the ignition switch

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If you are talking bout ur r3
Eastern beaver kit will help relieve the stress on the ignition switch
From reading the Rocket forums replacing the halogen headlights with LED's does the same thing. Who the hell thought mixing a high draw halogen X2 into the ignition was a good idea is a moron.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts