Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
I'm at the Thunder Valley Rally in Cottenwood and have seen a million Harley's, lots of Victory's, a few Spyders and one Triumph Rocket...mine.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Very cool. So you actually got the new tune into the ECU? How’s it running in the cooler higher elevation. One Brit I new use to gripe about the off idle response on his R3. Have a great day in Cottonwood.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I'm at the Thunder Valley Rally in Cottenwood and have sent a million Harley's, lots of Victory's, a few Spyders and one Triumph Rocket...mine.
Ya just have to go against the grain, dontcha? :devil

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I'm at the Thunder Valley Rally in Cottenwood and have sent a million Harley's, lots of Victory's, a few Spyders and one Triumph Rocket...mine.
I wish I would have known about this run. I could have been there.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Very cool. So you actually got the new tune into the ECU? How’s it running in the cooler higher elevation. One Brit I new use to gripe about the off idle response on his R3. Have a great day in Cottonwood.
The tune I loaded uses the o2 sensor, fueling was spot on no matter the elevation.

Ya just have to go against the grain, dontcha? :devil
Feels kinda' good haha

I wish I would have known about this run. I could have been there.
This is our 4th year going. .38 Special Friday night Great White last night.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Added micro mini apes :D I didn't know they even made an 8" ape. They fixed the grip angle taking the strain off of my wrists and elbows.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
It really is too bad Victory had to be different and go with the 4.75" riser width. I think of all those Harley bars that would fit for far less than what Victory bars usually go for...

I wasn't sure what the Triumph riser center width is. I guess they are the same as Harley if these bars fit. We can use the Harley 'Springer' bars but they are usually quite a bit more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
It really is too bad Victory had to be different and go with the 4.75" riser width. I think of all those Harley bars that would fit for far less than what Victory bars usually go for...

I wasn't sure what the Triumph riser center width is. I guess they are the same as Harley if these bars fit. We can use the Harley 'Springer' bars but they are usually quite a bit more expensive.
You can buy bars that aren't knurled and pin them, the center on Triumph is wider but the knurling on the bars just fit into the risers inside edge.

I had Harley risers and handlebars on my Vegas and I remember them fitting ok.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
This is a good handlebar chart.

CLICK

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
Pulled the guts out of two of my three mufflers and put in baffles. You can see the right bottom muffler, that was the original baffle mine will flow way more and it isn't loud. The exhaust comes out of the motor into a collector then to the mufflers so one staying original won't mean a thing. 2006 Triumph Rocket has three mufflers.

Used these baffles
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-3-8-Pipe-Baffles-8-Long-Chopper-Shovelhead-Panhead-FL-FX-Dyna-Rigid/172677843250?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Modded the 3rd muffler last night. We went on a 200 mile breakfast ride this morning and the bike runs good, sounds good and absolutely ripps!!! The power is something and it got 41 mpg to boot.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Grrrrooooowwwwlllll!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Sounds great

Sounding very good! Had commented on this page last weekend, but it would not let me put it in for some reason. So hopefully this goes in. This time.

Speaking of sound my new Triumph has gotten some complements on how sounds by people at work. It seems to have gotten a bit louder as the miles have been adding up a bit. Maybe the mufflers are blowing out some packing. So once I get a few more greenbacks in my hand I think I will install the X-pipe. It takes the place of the cat, then it out to breath much better and run even better. Then I will do that Triumph 12-minute tune again.

The RIII is looking good and sounding great. Still got the Victorys?

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
$$$$$

Well Vindex wife got a call today, not good. Nothing real bad one of the kids is low on money her husband had his hours cut. So bike gets to wait awhile longer. Got to do the grandpa thing and help out. I am glad it was not any real bad news on the phone. Maybe Carmen will help us out down the road. Enjoy all those great bikes. Before the purchase of this last Triumph I did consider the Suzuki new version of the old TL1000 (V-twin), but it is a tad to tall for me. Suzuki builds some great bikes. My first new bike I ever bought was a 1981 GS550T. Lots of great bikes out there!

101 - 118 of 118 Posts