Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i was in the Victory showroom today and fell in love with the kingpin. They want $16700 for the kingpin tour edition 2008 but i found a kingpin that is a 2006 with 6000 miles on it for only 9800. the one in the dealership includes a 5 yr warranty while the other has none. is there a big difference between the two years? which would you buy?

·
Registered
16 Posts
For a savings of $7 K, you would be well serverd with the 2006 granted it is in good shape and well cared for. I purchased a 2006 with 400 miles and other than one problem it has been a real solid bike.
Odds are the used bikes former owner put some goodies on it as well. They add up real quick!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Used 2006 KP

I, too, purchased an '06 KP used with under 6k miles at a huge savings over new. The bike was well cared for and runs like new. I would recommend going used, even without a warranty, with a Vic bike. They are very well made, very reliable, and can be had for relatively short money. Check it over carefully and you should be fine!cheers

·
Registered
181 Posts
First year for the 6 speed was 2006.
I, too, purchased my 06 KP standard used with just over 5K miles for under $7K. Well cared for and not damaged in any way. Just needed service and it has been a great, reliable bike since Ive owned it. I have since spent some money customizing it to my liking and have still saved a ton of $. And if you buy used, you usually get some add-ons that the po bought! Bonus!

·
Registered
3 Posts
06 has a simpler and more reliable injection system. They also make more power stock, and respond better to performance upgrades

I'm also in the market for a KP and am trying to figure out what year to look for. Best for Mods etc.. Is it worth going out and finding a six speed. 06-07 seems to be the right years but I'm not sure. And the v92 how is that motor. I keep searching but apparantley I dont choose the right words to "search"

Thanks

sorry to jack the thread

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as the V92 engine goes, I have a modded one in my 05 Kingpin. I bought the bike with Stage I and ran it for 10,000 miles but noticed an oil leak through the rear head (bad casting). This was corrected while under warrantee. When that was done I had them install the Stage II kit my wife bought me. Torque was good before as a 92 - as a 100 is is better. I now swapped out the stock Stage I intake for the S&S air kit and download and had the TPS reset. MUCH better throttle response and with the TPS reset the soot I used to get on the rear fender is gone. I have over 40,000 on the bike now and still going strong!

·
Registered
35 Posts
get the '06 you won't need to waste your hard earned money on a warrenty you don't need. I bought the warrenty when I bought new and didn't even come close to needing it.

Bye the way, I love my 2006 Kingpin and it only has around 36,000 on the clock. just got back from a ride around Lake Tahoe on it in fact. thumb upthumb upcheers

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Go for the 06, I bought one about 2 months ago with 2100 miles for 9k. The previous owner put tons of aftermarket options on it. It is the smoothest running bike I have ever riden. It is amazing, when I park next to an HD, people look at mine and walk past the HD. If it is a Touring Model, it makes it even better.....enjoy thumb up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts