Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just got my Jackpot home from a new dealer that just opened up here in Ontario. It's a 2007 with Stage 1 exhaust and I just realized there's a custom intake with a K&N Filter. Here's a picture

Anyway, the bike runs great but every once in while it backfires very loudly on deceleration.

Would that be because of the intake, or is this add-on a pretty common accessory?

And the backfire, what could it be?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
257 Posts
that is a very common accesory it is an arlen ness intake and is a very good upgrade for our bikes due to restricted stock air flow. as for the deceleration backfire. it is a victory thing, they just do it i dunno, but there is a remedy for it if it bothers you that much. a company out of new york called lloydz motorworks makes a programmer that all but eliminates it. its not a tru fix but its pretty close the website is is quickvic-usa.com hope this helps- ACE

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
that is a very common accesory it is an arlen ness intake and is a very good upgrade for our bikes due to restricted stock air flow. as for the deceleration backfire. it is a victory thing, they just do it i dunno, but there is a remedy for it if it bothers you that much. a company out of new york called lloydz motorworks makes a programmer that all but eliminates it. its not a tru fix but its pretty close the website is is quickvic-usa.com hope this helps- ACE
+1 what Ace said

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ace. That helps.

Well I'm just starting to hunt down the owner's manual and service manuals. I found an 2006 service manual, and the poster said it's good for the 07's too. I'm going to spend the winter giving it a good once over, so I feel confident with it in the spring. Hard to call it your own machine until you really go over it to make sure everything is what it should be.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts