Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team:

Any input about the 2007 Vegas Jackpot?

I am very tempted to trade my 2007 V-ROD (VRSCX) for the Jackpot. How the 100cc engine compares with the 106cc?

Being thinking a lot also on the Highball because I like the look of the ape hangers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hard to go wrong with any Victory. I ride an '07 Jackpot so I'm a bit biased when I say it's a sweet ride. Unfortunately I haven't ridden a bike with the 106 so I have no comparison but I can say the 100in motor had plenty of power.

·
Registered
169 Posts
haha I'm looking into getting a vrod after I put a few more miles on my vegas...any reason why you are contemplating the switch? I honestly think apes on the vrod look badass...I've been seeing more than a few pop up on IG.

I like the power of my vegas...wish it had more, wish it had a wider rear tire...but oh well...it is dependable, pulls in any gear, sounds amazing and looks gorgeous...I get compliments on it continually... I'm glad it is finally warming up.

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
That's a COOL looking Jackpot ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another store from the same dealership has this 2013 Judge that I also dig.

The price seems to be lower than the regular sale price: $7,500.=

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hello Team:

Any input about the 2007 Vegas Jackpot?

I am very tempted to trade my 2007 V-ROD (VRSCX) for the Jackpot. How the 100cc engine compares with the 106cc?

Being thinking a lot also on the Highball because I like the look of the ape hangers.

That is one fine looking Jackpot, I say go for it.:grinThat is the last year of the open loop injection. You yill not be disappointed ln the perfornance.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is one fine looking Jackpot, I say go for it.:grinThat is the last year of the open loop injection. You yill not be disappointed ln the perfornance.
Please can you elaborate more? From 2008 to date they start using O2 sensors. What's the advantage over the 2007 models?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Please can you elaborate more? From 2008 to date they start using O2 sensors. What's the advantage over the 2007 models?
The 06 and 07 had higher compression and hotter cams. When they upgraded in 08 they actually lost a little performance and when they upgraded to the 106 they detuned for EPA again.

Reactions: Dos_Equis

·
Registered
566 Posts
Another store from the same dealership has this 2013 Judge that I also dig.

The price seems to be lower than the regular sale price: $7,500.=

Holly cow! $7500?! :eek That's a 2013 right?

I don't know what it is about the Judge, but I dig the looks immensely! Never rode one, but that's a vic I'd love to take out for a spin at some point just to experience it.

In the end, get the bike that looks and feels better to you. That's what will make you want to ride it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The 06/07 100 ci had 9.8:1 comp with open loop fi while the 08 and up 100 ci had 8.7:1 comp with closed loop fi, the 106 has 9.4:1 comp w/ closed loop. This is the main reason the 06/07 motors have the punch many talk about.
I went from a 106 (2012 vegas) to a 100 (07 kingpin) and my impression is that in stock form the 106 has a little more low end punch. When you start adding things like intake, exhaust, pc the 100 really wakes up, more so over the 106.
If you have a chance to ride both you will notice a little difference in gearing as well since vic changed the trans. In 2011 to improve performance, according to their advertising. This gearing change will make the newer bike FEEL more potent but make no mistake, the 06/07 motors run strong.
A well known vic guru named kevinx once told me that mod for mod the 06/07 100 ci motor will blow away the 106 until you get to cams.
I believe him.
Hope this helps.

FWIW, I like the jackpot, but get the bike that YOU like.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
I have had different bikes like fat boys and such, Bought a Vegas had it 2 years then bought a V rod muscle. Nice bike but riding position and gas mileage was terrible so I sold it and bought a 2012 Jackpot. Big difference can ride all day performance gas mileage a lot of pro s no con s. Style of Jackpot is different from the rest and the big tire in back is like the V rod..

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Vicsq

The larger displacement will help the low end, and as mentioned the hotter cams 06/07 should show a little bias toward higher end breathing- especially once that is opened up with an aftermarket option. Still, I think it's a pretty slim distinction 100/106.

Instead of focusing too much on that, I'd suggest riding a couple because the different wheel size/suspension geometry configurations will make - in my opinion- a big difference in how they ride and handle.

Reactions: blacksheep1

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update.

Being checking the Victory Judge. It cames with Bassani pipes. Dealer is offering me a straight trade for the V-ROD so no money owed.

I am aware I am leaving money on the table because of the higher value of the V-ROD but I really like the Victory Judge. Looks much better in person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts