Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a performance upgrade that I can install on my Jackpot that has a significant increase in power? I currently have the Victory upgraded programer, pipes and K&N air filter however I see very little difference from stock. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Bondale

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there a performance upgrade that I can install on my Jackpot that has a significant increase in power? I currently have the Victory upgraded programer, pipes and K&N air filter however I see very little difference from stock. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Bondale
First off, loose the Vic performance pipes. They are very restictive and do not produce much power at all. Secondly, get yourself an S&S airkit along with a good set of pipes such as an RPW 2 in 1 pipe (Big Slash, Thor etc...) or even Slashness pipes also by RPW. These 2 upgrades alone will make a world of difference that you will be able to feel immediately. After you get tired of this setup, I then would recommend Cams. Sorry, but the Vic performance stuff just don't perform that well. I got a buddy that is going through the same thing with his 08 Hammer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
First off, loose the Vic performance pipes. They are very restictive and do not produce much power at all. Secondly, get yourself an S&S airkit along with a good set of pipes such as an RPW 2 in 1 pipe (Big Slash, Thor etc...) or even Slashness pipes also by RPW. These 2 upgrades alone will make a world of difference that you will be able to feel immediately. After you get tired of this setup, I then would recommend Cams. Sorry, but the Vic performance stuff just don't perform that well. I got a buddy that is going through the same thing with his 08 Hammer.

this depends on what pipes he has the stage 1 slipons actually aren't that bad, and victory actually made a really good stage 3 cam, although they aren't quite as heafty as Lloydz VM! they are still a great cam. back to the pipes, if you have the slashness dump em, the S&S is another good idea, and then i believe when you say victory controller, your talking about the ness big shot, in that case dump that too that controller was actually taken from SLIGHTY modified ducati settings...

·
Registered
67 Posts
this depends on what pipes he has the stage 1 slipons actually aren't that bad, and victory actually made a really good stage 3 cam, although they aren't quite as heafty as Lloydz VM! they are still a great cam. back to the pipes, if you have the slashness dump em, the S&S is another good idea, and then i believe when you say victory controller, your talking about the ness big shot, in that case dump that too that controller was actually taken from SLIGHTY modified ducati settings...

Dump the Slashness??? Come on dude, the Ness Slashness pipes makes pretty good power for a 2-2 pipe. You can't say the same for Victorys Swept pipe. And you are right, Slip ons are not that bad
but for the most part if you are looking for power, the Vic pipes are not the way to go. The only Vic pipe I would consider at this point is their 2-1 pipe.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Dump the Slashness??? Come on dude, the Ness Slashness pipes makes pretty good power for a 2-2 pipe. You can't say the same for Victorys Swept pipe. And you are right, Slip ons are not that bad
but for the most part if you are looking for power, the Vic pipes are not the way to go. The only Vic pipe I would consider at this point is their 2-1 pipe.

A decent set of pipes, S&S intake with a S&S map, and no auxiliary fuel controller will make a HUGE difference over what is currently on this bike

·
Registered
257 Posts
yes slashness pipes are perhaps the worst pipes you can have on our bikes there just loud they do nothing for power

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
yes slashness pipes are perhaps the worst pipes you can have on our bikes there just loud they do nothing for power

Beg to differ on that. The original Slash Ness pipes make pretty good power. Just pulled 06 Cory Ness off the dyno with those pipes, and an S&S intake. Makes 97HP/104FtLb

·
Registered
67 Posts
Beg to differ on that. The original Slash Ness pipes make pretty good power. Just pulled 06 Cory Ness off the dyno with those pipes, and an S&S intake. Makes 97HP/104FtLb
I never mentioned it but I do have Slashness pipes with an S&S airbox on my 06 Vegas and it made 94Hp / 107FtLb. And this was on crappy tires that I'm sure at the time were not inflated properly and the humidity was high outside. I'm sure since I have upgraded my tires and always check for proper inflation, I could squeak out a few more ponies. Especially if the weather was better as well. No offense 07ACE, since you are my Vic brotha, but if you are into Victory performance pipes then to each his own. If you have Vic pipes on your bike, I would run you for any amount of money, because I know I would eventually walk away from you. I know there are variables in this such as rider skill etc..... but I got that covered as well. So, to get back on topic, to try and help the original poster; in my opinion, I would stay away from Vic pipes (except Vic 2-1). S&S or PMRT airkits are a must. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
i stand corrected but when i asked you directly i swear you told me they were about the worst pipes i could have, my apologies aust333
The worst you could have would be the Vic SWEPT pipes. We must have been talking on two different plains, and missed where we were going. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kevin, I'm sure you are getting tired of these same questions but I went to my Vic dealer, and they said NOT to clean my TBs before I bring it in for the S&S air box. They said Vic wants the carbon left so the TPS can be set according to the buildup. By cleaning it before the airbox is put on, would cause the TPS to be off after a few K miles. By leaving the TBs built up, there would be no need for attention in the future. The dealer said Victory said that. What do you say? Is the dealer wrong?? I was going to put down deposit for them to order the Box since they don't stock them for the older bikes. I still want the box, and I think the mech. really thinks that is the way to go (don't clean TBs) 1 dealership in Omaha. Thanks 07' Kingpin tour
Tom

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Kevin, I'm sure you are getting tired of these same questions but I went to my Vic dealer, and they said NOT to clean my TBs before I bring it in for the S&S air box. They said Vic wants the carbon left so the TPS can be set according to the buildup. By cleaning it before the airbox is put on, would cause the TPS to be off after a few K miles. By leaving the TBs built up, there would be no need for attention in the future. The dealer said Victory said that. What do you say? Is the dealer wrong?? I was going to put down deposit for them to order the Box since they don't stock them for the older bikes. I still want the box, and I think the mech. really thinks that is the way to go (don't clean TBs) 1 dealership in Omaha. Thanks 07' Kingpin tour
Tom

They are on crack. The TB continues to build up carbon the whole time you ride, and doing it dirty means you do NOT have a base point that you can return to. They will have to adjust it leaner, and leaner as time goes on. Clean your TB

·
Registered
121 Posts
They are on crack. The TB continues to build up carbon the whole time you ride, and doing it dirty means you do NOT have a base point that you can return to. They will have to adjust it leaner, and leaner as time goes on. Clean your TB
Thanks Kevin. I just got the message on the machine that the box is in. I will talk to them in the AM. I will clean the TBs and do the same as my son with his 05" hammer. Once he shows me the proper way to clean the TBs I'll be ok. You and my son are in agreement. The dealer is messed up. I really appreciate you guys. My other boys have 09's. tom

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey guys,I realize that this thread is a few months old but I was hopin you guys would come back & comment. So, the Slasness pipes, are they good pipes or not so much? It seemed that maybe there was some confusion. Then I saw where someone said "the original Slashness pipes" was there a redesign that made the newer pipes less performance friendly?

I just wanna be sure, I'm new & I'm hoping to pick up a new Jackpot sometime. I was lookin @ the new Wide Glide but the Vic just looks like so much more bike, no disrespect for the H-D, it just does. I just wish I new more about the aftermarket following for the Vic, cams, exhaust, tuners, etc, etc. Can you guys hooke me up with which companies are good for what?

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey guys,I realize that this thread is a few months old but I was hopin you guys would come back & comment. So, the Slasness pipes, are they good pipes or not so much? It seemed that maybe there was some confusion. Then I saw where someone said "the original Slashness pipes" was there a redesign that made the newer pipes less performance friendly?

I just wanna be sure, I'm new & I'm hoping to pick up a new Jackpot sometime. I was lookin @ the new Wide Glide but the Vic just looks like so much more bike, no disrespect for the H-D, it just does. I just wish I new more about the aftermarket following for the Vic, cams, exhaust, tuners, etc, etc. Can you guys hooke me up with which companies are good for what?

Thanks
The Slashness pipe made by RPW is a good pipe. Performs pretty good too. The Victory Swept pipe....not so much, but does look good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.