Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me to where I can find a OEM fuel map for my 2008 Jackpot. I'm interested only in viewing the Open and Closed Loop settings, Throttle Position and RPM's for general information. There's so much discussion about O2 sensors and the like that I would like to see what my bike was built with in terms of this setup just for curiosity.

·
13,235 Posts
are you saying you have a stock bike. If you unplug the 02's you'll ricken up the fuel mixture. Either way you'll not gain any power

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Not sure if you can view the map in the ECU... I don't think you can see the mapping in the Victory Digital Wrench software. It wouldn't do you any good to see the map anyway, it wouldn't show the air/fuel ratios, just numbers.

If you bought a Maximus or PowerVision fuel controller you might be able to see the open/closed functioning, but I'm not sure.

If you wanna know how it works... It is not a full-time closed loop system, it's part-time closed loop mostly at steady-state cruising. The ECU closes the loop and uses the narrow-band O2 sensors like switches to lean the mixture down to around 14.7:1 for the EPA. Narrow-band O2s only give the ECU "leaner than 14.7:1" or "richer than 14.7:1". Under acceleration or at full throttle, the loop is open and it runs on fixed fueling anyway.

By eliminating the O2 sensors, all you are doing is keeping the loop open full time. It only changes the A/F ratio in those situations where the loop would be closed.

Disconnecting them is free to try... just unplug them. Won't even light the check engine lamp on the dash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts