Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have this issue i just bought a 2008 kingpin with 10000miles in excellent condition....put maybe 300 miles on it.....now i notice when i start it i have to crack the throttle a bit, otherwise fine....its getting colder out would that have anything to do with it? or should i bring it back to the dealer..bike is all stock
thanks
Mark

·
Registered
837 Posts
Go to Advance Auto, buy a can of Seafoam. Add half the can--8 oz per tank and ride. When the tank is dry, repeat. I would be surprised if that doesn't fix it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
With my 04, when it started doing that it was due to a dirty throttle body.

After cleaning, it cranked much easier, and ran better.

·
Registered
837 Posts
With my 04, when it started doing that it was due to a dirty throttle body.

After cleaning, it cranked much easier, and ran better.

Seafoam is the best fix for cleaning the fuel system. A bike that averages less than two thousand miles per year probably has some build up.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Riding with Seafoam WILL clean the throttle body. If you choose to do it manually, (aka quicker) use Seafoam Deep Creep spray. I had the same problem on a 8 yr old Nissan with 54,000 miles and it too was carbon build up on the TB. I had to do both on it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pull the tank and clean the throttle body. Do the search on this site I'm sure there is a step by step procedure. Seafome will help on the injectors but won't do much for the throttle body. The fuel is injected below the throttle body.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Pull the tank and clean the throttle body. Do the search on this site I'm sure there is a step by step procedure. Seafome will help on the injectors but won't do much for the throttle body. The fuel is injected below the throttle body.
The buildup of carbon comes from spray that is not making its way into the intake. It sits on the throttle body and after heat, turns to deposits that build up. That same fuel spray that contains Seafoam will --over time-- clean the carbon. Maybe not to the degree of a hands on scrubbing, but if it were me, before I started pulling the tank I would try the easy solution.

In doing the search, be sure to read closely about being careful not to break the nipple when pulling the tank. Witchdoctor has great instructional video on tank removal. JMHO

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have used Seafoam for years and have seen it work almost miracles. I am new to Victory motorcycles, but isn't the throttle body cleaning an issue on 2007 and earlier? I would like to know because I have a 2008 Kingpin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts