Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, although I've been following this site for about a month now.

It might be coming down to 2 choices for me, both Kingpins, both are being sold as NEW.

2008 Kingpin Premium (6 spd)
versus
2011 Kingpin 8 Ball (new 6 spd)

The price difference is that the 2011 is $200 more. The Interest rate for the 2011 is 1% higher too.

Do I go for the older but premium bike, black and chrome (it might have the white flames too, finding out soon), passenger seat included, or the newer bike with the new transmission BUT really Victory's entry level bike, no chrome but cool black everything.

Any suggestions / help / feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is my first post, although I've been following this site for about a month now.

It might be coming down to 2 choices for me, both Kingpins, both are being sold as NEW.

2008 Kingpin Premium (6 spd)
versus
2011 Kingpin 8 Ball (new 6 spd)

The price difference is that the 2011 is $200 more. The Interest rate for the 2011 is 1% higher too.

Do I go for the older but premium bike, black and chrome (it might have the white flames too, finding out soon), passenger seat included, or the newer bike with the new transmission BUT really Victory's entry level bike, no chrome but cool black everything.

Any suggestions / help / feedback would be helpful. Thanks!
It depends if you're into chrome or the blacked-out look. Mechanically, they should be about the same. I can't imagine the 2011 tranny changes are really that much better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, and then I heard all the hype about the new tranny. With the interest rates being different, if I carried the note til term, it would cost me an extra $700.

Add in the $250 to start, and that's an extra $1k. Plus I think the chrome looks better than the black on the bike.

The other difference is you can do 5k mile oil changes versus 2.5k with the older tranny. How much is the Victory oil and filter I have to use, and that's if the warranty lets me do my own oil changes. If it's gonna cost me 100 dollars for every oil change / or I can't do them myself, then maybe I should go with the 2011.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The oil changes are easy on Vics and does not affect the warranty; although I recommend taking the bike to the dealer for the first 500 mile oil change so that the dealer can give the bike the once-over. The cost of oil and filter are about $60-$70. So if you 5000 miles a year, you're looking at one extra oil change per year.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The main difference is the 2011 is a 106 with the new tranny.

Ride both and then decide if the bigger engine and new tranny is what you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts