Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 Vegas 8-ball. Someone was in the middle of installing ape hangers. They had clipped the wires between the plug and the left side hand controls.
I have the plug w/no controls. I have a service manual for my 2006. Now I have the left hand controls for a 2008 Vegas. What I need, is the schematics for the 2008 so I can splice my 2006 plug to the 2008 hand controls (high-low beam, turn signals and horn). Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Are the wire colors on the two "ends" the same? If so, just match up the colors and I bet that will be correct.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
The one thing you should aware of is the right front turn signal wires are reversed. If you wire them the same way you wire the other 3 you will fry your turn signal control module that automatically turns off the turn signal after a turn. At that point you can switch it to a manual shut off or try to find the expensive module to replace it.

On my 04 Kingpin the auto sign shutoff was not an option and I don't even miss it because I quickly trained myself to remember to turn it off. I even do it on the 11 XC even though I don't have to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one thing you should aware of is the right front turn signal wires are reversed. If you wire them the same way you wire the other 3 you will fry your turn signal control module that automatically turns off the turn signal after a turn. At that point you can switch it to a manual shut off or try to find the expensive module to replace it.

On my 04 Kingpin the auto sign shutoff was not an option and I don't even miss it because I quickly trained myself to remember to turn it off. I even do it on the 11 XC even though I don't have to.
Yeah, I dont want to fry anything. That's why I'm not doing anything until I have the schematics. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts