Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
On hot days, fuel drips out of what looks to be a vent hose on the left side of the bike. It's not a over-full issue because it only happens when the bike is parked outside on pavement for long periods of time. It seems like it's temperature\pressure related. Anyone had experience with this issue?

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
The gas will warm up a bit in the tank and expand. That gasoline has to go somewhere and if there is no air pocket in the tank the liquid gas is forced out either the filling cap or into the vapor recovery system. Since yours is not a California model , it has a vent tube. So this is why you see dripping of gas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Vegas 8 Ball with a black tank and I get the same thing. It seems to happen more when its a bright sunny day.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If it is doing what it is supposed to do, don't worry about it. In other words, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

·
Administrator
5,995 Posts
Well, gas expands and contracts with temperature variations. The vent hose is supposed to allow air to enter or fuel to exit. Without it there, your tank would be weakened by constant pressure change inside it, and you would have a leaky tank in no time. I say you look at that fuel hose each time you get on the bike, and you say "thank you for looking after my tank, Mr. Vent Hose." :D

·
13,301 Posts
Same here. Wish there was a fix... all I can find is, "It's doing what it's supposed to do".
Here is the fix. Do Not Fill it to the top. Stop filling about a good inch from the top and problem will be gone thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
can.jpg here is the fix for California models Victory bikes and any vehicle on the road made after 1982. As you can see the fuel is caught into the charcoal canister and re-used.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 07 Hammer with a black tank and mine drips fuel on hot days while parked whether it is full or not. Drips out of a black tube on left side of bike. I am assuming this is a good thing and just a release pressure line?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts