Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im Gabe from Lake county Indiana, I'm a newbie here, I hope everyone is well, I like to start with an issue I have with my 2008 vic hammer, bought it brand new in 04/2009, had a vic exhaust swept kit put on at the time of purchase, ran rough, irratic idling, popping poor throttle responce, (bike under warranty) took it back to dealer, they downloaded new map ran some what better, they told me that a power commander would make it run much better. So had a dynojet P.C. put on and the bike was dyno, runs good, gainded about 4hp. but every now and then it'll spit when u throttle up while taking off, or just sitting ill hit the throttle and it'll spit. i stll think it could perform much better. Another issue is with the clutch (cable driven) it feels harder compared to other bikes i've been on, is this normal, what could i do to make it softer? My bike has only 870 mile i wonder if this is a breaking in issue. I appreciate any suggestion, thank you all.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi, Im Gabe from Lake county Indiana, I'm a newbie here, I hope everyone is well, I like to start with an issue I have with my 2008 vic hammer, bought it brand new in 04/2009, had a vic exhaust swept kit put on at the time of purchase, ran rough, irratic idling, popping poor throttle responce, (bike under warranty) took it back to dealer, they downloaded new map ran some what better, they told me that a power commander would make it run much better. So had a dynojet P.C. put on and the bike was dyno, runs good, gainded about 4hp. but every now and then it'll spit when u throttle up while taking off, or just sitting ill hit the throttle and it'll spit. i stll think it could perform much better. Another issue is with the clutch (cable driven) it feels harder compared to other bikes i've been on, is this normal, what could i do to make it softer? My bike has only 870 mile i wonder if this is a breaking in issue. I appreciate any suggestion, thank you all.
Gabe, have them look at the tps (throttle position sensor). with just the pipes you should of had just a stage one download and it should be fine. not sure what is up with the PC. who is the dealer you used? i live in laporte county.
as far as the clutch, you can get a thing called a EZ clutch that changes the angle of the cable to make it easier. most people do not recommend cuz it can burn up your clutch if not set perfect. tho i have used one on my 04 vegas for 58,000 mile with no problem. or you can buy a barnett clutch cable, i have heard they are easier to pull.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bungln

Hey thanks for the reply Bungln, well according to Maxim power sports on route 30, merrerrville, In.(the place where i bought the bike) they tested the tps and told me it was fine, i've been told by a few others that it might be the t.p.s, however Maxim says its fine, do you know of a place where I can take my bike and get a second opinion, i don't mind if i have to pay, I know that my bike should be running a lot better. As for the P.C., that was Maxim power sports solution to the issue i had, and somewhat still have. I am so greatful for your reply. Thanks for the clutch cable suggestion.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply Bungln, well according to Maxim power sports on route 30, merrerrville, In.(the place where i bought the bike) they tested the tps and told me it was fine, i've been told by a few others that it might be the t.p.s, however Maxim says its fine, do you know of a place where I can take my bike and get a second opinion, i don't mind if i have to pay, I know that my bike should be running a lot better. As for the P.C., that was Maxim power sports solution to the issue i had, and somewhat still have. I am so greatful for your reply. Thanks for the clutch cable suggestion.
i've dealt with maxim lots of times. always was satisfied. you can try turn one powersports over in plymouth.
also try going to thevmc.com and posting your problem in the forum. the best Victory gurus are theregood luck and let us know what's up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts