Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Metzeler ME 880 XXL 300/35-18-87 tire fit on my 2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot without any problems or alterations?

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
No it is a bit of work, see the answers of the other forum

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
You will have to relocate the wiring harness from inside the subframe to outside.

Have you ridden a Jackpot with a 300? I have...It really handles like ****. What a lot of people do is replace the 250 rear with a 240mm Pirelli Night Dragon, which actually improves the handling because of a more rounded profile.

A super wide tire does what a car tire on the bike does. When you lean over, the contact patch in the rear gets farther from the bike's centerline and the front doesn't... so it requires a lot of effort to initiate and maintain the lean. Road irregularities steer the bike and pull you around, so low speed stuff over ruts or rough pavement is a fight. A more rounded profile mitigates a lot of that...

·
12,970 Posts
What HC said about handling it is like **** and if your not super strong you'll hate it

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
night dragons!!

i can attest to the 240 night dragon on my hammer, besides its great traction + better handling from the sporty profile its lighter as well!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts