Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have idle issues and backfire ,has cut off on accel. The bike sat about 3 months ,with fuel stabilizer in it ,after restarting bike noticed ruff idle drove bike a couple hundred miles bike has 41,000 miles ,I've run several tanks of fuel since restarting the bike and still have poor idle, spits and backfires On accel. Yesterday it cutoff when taking off. Seems to also be running hotter than normal ,live in southwest Florida its summer here but after 41000 miles of driving this bike I no its running hotter also any help please?..

2008 vision premium tour model stage 1 victory exhaust, performance airfilter

·
13,236 Posts
Have you made sure battery cables are tight. Even have your battery load tested.
Start bike and spray carb cleaner up at throttle bodys and if idle changes or it kills you might have a air leak.

There is a Kevix that some times post here but works at a shop in Florida and he is the man that would solve any problems you might have

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't mention but I do have a new battery installed I just check connection there in good condition.I,'ll try the carb spray see if that helps.its hard to find a dealer here that can fix it. Thanks for your reply.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, a couple thoughts. Normally backfiring/sputtering is a timing issue. On electronically controlled engines, it's most indicative of a faulty sensor. My first stop would be disconnecting the speed sensor (if Vic's have one) and take it for a ride. On cars, some of the systems are adjusting timing based on speed. See if your symptoms go away. If nothing changes, check your crank position sensor and make sure the end is clean (doesn't have any sludge build up). There should be a test to spec the CPS. I'm familiar with inductive CPSs that usually have a voltage cycle but I'm not sure if that's Victory's setup. They usually require you to rotate the engine while reading the voltage. Some you can simply ohm out. I have a manual for a Vision, I'll have to take a peak at it.

Beyond that, I'd look at the ECM, but I wouldn't worry about it at this point. I've read several issues with Speed Sensors on Vic's. Start there. There are plenty of other possibilities too, but some of them are much more involved but unlikely at your mileage. Of course, I'm sure there are many people who actually know their way around Victory's so I could be off in my recommendations. Those are purley general mechanical thoughts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I want to thank you guys for your help ,what I've found out so far is there is a complete vacuum hose assembly that hooks to throttle body then to AIS motor and every vac hose was cracked a leaking vac. I've ordered the assembly and will see if that corrects the idle issue.thanks again will update then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:):):) After installing the vacuum hose assembly the bike runs great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts