Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
victory kit.jpg
Dyno run shows 136HP with 129TQ running 7lbs of boost on pump gas. Pulled good power all the way to the rev limiter that shows on the dyno sheet.
victory dyno.jpg
victory bike1.jpg

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Very nice! What can you do for Visions and Cross bikes?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Nice, but honestly for $5500 (excluding any labor charges), I would have expected a LOT more power.

I'm not knocking your product, just don't see a good $ vs hp value here.

How much boost can an otherwise stock motor handle? If you can get up to 15lb of boost and skyrocket the numbers without grenading the motor... then I could see it.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Nice, but honestly for $5500 (excluding any labor charges), I would have expected a LOT more power. I'm not knocking your product, just don't see a good $ vs hp value here.
I see 2 advantages to turbocharging:

1. When the bike is off-boost it drives like stock. In traffic or slowly rolling through a parking lot, it's easy to ride.

2. It's cheaper. The turbo package comes with the exhaust, the air cleaner, and all the peripheral items needed. If you build a motor you still have to buy pipes, airbox, and fuel controller on top of what it cost to build the motor.

With EITHER you will need to beef up the clutch.

It would cost over $7K to duplicate what I have (parts, labor, tuning). If you started with a newer 106" it would be cheaper, but the results wouldn't be as good (the older heads are better). I drew my graphs in red over the chart posted for the turbo:

Look... if you want a Victory that makes over 130 horse it's not gonna be cheap, but turbocharging will take you there for less money.

Just sayin'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts