Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am a new cross over from the sport bike world and have just picked up a 09 Hammer and my wife a 07 Vegas. We bought these bikes from Love Motorsports in Homosassa, FL. The dealership there really took care of us on the purchase. There was a mistake on the Purchase Order that cause them to eat a little on the trade in on the CBR600RR but they worked through it and honored their original purchase order. I cant say enough good things about them.

Anyways. When I bought the bikes it was raining and didnt get a chance to actually ride the bikes we just loaded them up and took off as we had driven about 10hrs to pick them up from this dealer. We got them off the trailer here and went to put gas in them. The Vegas runs awesome as it has a stage 1 kit installed, the Hammer is completely stock. The Hammer's engine light came on about a minute or two into the ride to the store. The mileage on the Hammer is now at about 45 miles. The light comes on right about a minute or two after it has been cranked up. I spoke to the dealer and they thought maybe it was a cracked spark plug so they suggested i change it. I changed the plug with no success. I have checked the air cleaner but it is perfect. I have disconnected the battery for about 2hrs and reconnected it but no change.

I am in the south east (Anderson, SC) and would love some ideas or even suggestions as to what dealer around here could help me out. I am bummed about buying a brand new bike and not being able to ride it with the light on.

I have looked for dealers in the Atlanta, GA area but not sure which is the better shops out there. I am interested in some sound and a good tune...

Questions:
Whats the recommended pipes to add for a good clean sound and performance.

Is the EFI tuners a good addon?

What about a sissy bar / seat and saddle bags for the hammer?

Thanks to all the experts out there, I am completely new to this and just hope to get this worked out so i can enjoy my new ride.

Thanks again,
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Check engine light can come on for a veriety of reasons, but none of them have anything to do with spark plugs. Any of the problems you encounter should be covered under warrenty. You are in luck if you are looking for a dealer in the area around North Atlanta. Go to Polaris-Victory of Cummings http://www.pvofc.com/ They are a great store with very good mechanics to take care of you. If you want to open up that Hammer with a simple system then install the Vic 2-1 pipe. Of all the pipes I have dynoed on the closed loop bike; it is the hands down best performer. If you have no imideate plans for more performance upgrades other then the pipe. Skip the tuner, and just use the Vic map for that pipe. Do not be tempted by the Vic swept pipe. It performs like crap, and has to much in the way of drivability issues

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Kevin, not to hijack his thread, but I just fueled up at a rinky dink gas station the other night when my buddy needed fuel, ever since then the CEL will come on but go off, I have never had a problem with it before and i'm thinking its the gas. I rode it this morning to work, it came on about 3 times but would go off, once I hit the highway and opened her up I never saw it again. Am I right in thinking its just bad gas? And you know of any additives that I could get that might cure this untill I can fill up again. I have a 2010 hammer S. No modifications of then ditching the mufflers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.