Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 2009 Kingpin and from what I can tell, it has a factory cruise control system. I don't want it and can't imagine ever using it. How can I remove the components without risking making my bike inoperable?

·
Premium Member
15,082 Posts
You should be able to trace a power wire to a connector and simply unplug it. I'd leave everything there as is though. It hurts nothing to be left on there. A lot of people would like to have it though if you ever did remove it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct me if I am being dumb, but is this what is attached to the bottom of the bike behind the transmission? It is the look that bothers me.
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
15,082 Posts
I believe you're right. That does look like it could be it. In California they put an emissions canister in that spot but that's not what it looks like. At least not like the one I had on my KP.

I wonder if you can remove that one part then leave the wires and cable bundled together and zip tied out of sight. I don't have an answer for that one.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Why does it matter If it has cruise control. You don't have to use it. It a resale advantage, plus. Why take a chance on screwing up the scooter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the bike originated in California. That would explain the big bracket underneath. The part dangling from a wiring harness looks like the sensor on an actuator module (listed on ebay). I'll see if that comes off cleanly and park the metal bracket on my garage shelf. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts