Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Victory Models Review – Vegas Jackpot, Hammer, Hammer Sport

Ten years in business is a significant milestone these days, regardless of the goods or services being sold. And continued growth in the face of a receding market is even more impressive. With industry bike sales down approximately 7 percent two years running, the Medina, MN company claims growth in the "low to mid single digits."

This is how we find Victory Motorcycles coming into 2009: Modest growth where many are declining, 18 models (counting the various iterations) and growing parts, accessories and clothing lines. Additionally, Victory is reaching new markets like Germany and Australia, with more than 100 German dealer prospects on the hook.

Not bad for a company whose parent's (Polaris) two largest endeavors (snowmobiles and ATVs) are in markets that are suffering so greatly that they make current bike industry woes seem like another day in Candy Land. To Polaris' credit, its 2008 third quarter earnings are up 7 percent overall, thanks largely to international sales and the success of its Ranger side-by-side vehicle.

More: 2009 Victory Models Review – Vegas Jackpot, Hammer, Hammer Sport on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
Victory still needs to come out with a entry level bike with 900-1100cc motor. and bring out a bagger like the TC.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dealer in Hawaii

I second that...we need a Victory dealer here in Hawaii. There are two HD dealerships on Oahu and they set their own prices here cause there is no competition. I think Victory would do really well here with their lower cost and more reliable motorcycles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
victory dealership in clovis, fresno cal.

with victory growing faster than all other motorcycle builders when will the local dealerships step up to the plate and smell the coffee!
we lost our local dealership and that sucks. come on polaris make them a offer they can't refuse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I second that...we need a Victory dealer here in Hawaii. There are two HD dealerships on Oahu and they set their own prices here cause there is no competition. I think Victory would do really well here with their lower cost and more reliable motorcycles.
same problem here. You either by a metric bike or a HD and the Hd ain't going to be cheap.

jd

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
This is off the Victory Web site.

Based on Polaris’ current capital requirements, a new dealer would need to have at minimum the following requirements:

Resources Value

Working Capital $50,000

Parts, Apparel and Accessories $75,000

Special Tools/Manuals $ 7,500

Dealer Management System $10,000-$50,000

Interior Fixtures and Exterior Signage $10,000

Total Minimum Investment $152,500- $192,500

This is WAY down from 2 years ago. It was a minimum of 500k then.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Ten years in business is a significant milestone these days, regardless of the goods or services being sold. And continued growth in the face of a receding market is even more impressive. With industry bike sales down approximately 7 percent two years running, the Medina, MN company claims growth in the "low to mid single digits."

This is how we find Victory Motorcycles coming into 2009: Modest growth where many are declining, 18 models (counting the various iterations) and growing parts, accessories and clothing lines. Additionally, Victory is reaching new markets like Germany and Australia, with more than 100 German dealer prospects on the hook.

Not bad for a company whose parent's (Polaris) two largest endeavors (snowmobiles and ATVs) are in markets that are suffering so greatly that they make current bike industry woes seem like another day in Candy Land. To Polaris' credit, its 2008 third quarter earnings are up 7 percent overall, thanks largely to international sales and the success of its Ranger side-by-side vehicle.

More: 2009 Victory Models Review – Vegas Jackpot, Hammer, Hammer Sport on Motorcycle.com

make a quality product that people want and you'll survive. i think most vic riders are like me. wanted an American made bike but were turned off by the HD religion culture. now for some warm temps, i'm jonsing for a long ride!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts