Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to save some money and pick up a used 2009 Vision but I'm not sure if I will be as satisfied unless it has the "upgraded" 2012 features.
What are the changes "upgrades" I should be concerned with?
:crzy:

·
Registered
586 Posts
2009 Visions

I'd like to save some money and pick up a used 2009 Vision but I'm not sure if I will be as satisfied unless it has the "upgraded" 2012 features.
The 2009 Visions came in three versions, standard Vision, Vision Comfort Tour, and Vision Tour Premium (neglecting Street models). Each had certain upgrades. The new 2012's have ABS and all are equivalent to Vision Tour Premium level of '09's. There are some '09's demo's out there that are being sold with a few miles and factory warranty. I'd save the $$ and go 2009 Vision Tour Premium.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Did the '09 Vision have the same tranny as the '10 XC? If so that could be something to keep in mind. I hate the noise my tranny makes in every gear except 5th. Now when I had the loud exhaust on it the noise was drowned out and from what everyone tells me the tranny is rock solid. The ehaust was to loud for me so I put stage 1 pipes on it. Now I like the exhaust but the tranny is driving me nuts again.

I have considered trading up just to get the new tranny with the helicut gears. The noise does not bother some people so you should ride both and judge for yourself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I bought my 2011 last March, I also had the option of buying a brand new 2009 still on the showroom floor. After doing a bunch of research and reading many posts, I opted for the 2011 due to the ABS (great feature BTW) and the new tranny. While I can't compare to the 2009, I have been very happy with my 2011 in all aspects. No complaints whatsoever. I am a believer in going with the newest technology and features I can afford. Hence why I did the 2011. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Also be aware that in '09 the Vision was FULLY loaded. All tip overs (front and rear) on a '12 one of them is an option (Can't remember which one) Also, the wheels are a charged upgrade on the '12 if you want the brushed (chrome looking) aluminum as on the TP '09 it was stock.

There are several other take away' the '09 had as stock that the '12 has as an option...I can't remember them all but there are several that would make me look very hard at a '09 before a '12 model

However, the upgraded tranny is suppose to be a nice improvement on the '12 model...Just depends on what OPTIONS or features you want on your Vision....cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have the difference in a 2500 mile oil change on the 09 to a 5000 mile oil change on the 12. The 12 comes with all tip over they are just not chromed like on earlier modles also the handle bars are black not chromed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts