Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while riding today. i lost 6th gear. it just started revving. I've had no issues before. 1800 miles on current oil. its Victory oil. I can shift thru all the other gears fine.

the bike has 25k miles. I've put 14k on myself. ive had it 2 years

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Is there any free play in your clutch lever?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Break open the lower end. It's got to be hiding in there somewhere!?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
That sounds like a clutch free-play adjustment issue.

Reactions: depot picker

·
Registered
240 Posts
If the other five gears are shifting and hooking up okay, I think you could rule out the clutch as being the issue.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
If the other five gears are shifting and hooking up okay, I think you could rule out the clutch as being the issue.
Not necessarily. I had an issue with 6th slipping under high load (hilly country), where all the other gears behaved fine. That issue was fixed on my bike by readjusting the free play (and removing the ez-clutch add on).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Probably a bit more info required from the OP I think.

The way I read the post indicates he lost 6th gear quite suddenly. A slipping clutch in top gear is pretty easy to detect, in that if the throttle is eased back, the transmission should regain drive. My experience has always been that a bad clutch gives you a fair bit of warning before it actually stops hooking up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the other gears are working fine. clutch and shifter feel normal. i talked to Rylan at the vic shop. { heck of a nice guy}... ran a magnet thru the oil fill. very small pices. nothing as far as pices.. oil looks like new.. normal. i change every 2500 miles, with the Victory Kit.... thank you for responding...

·
Premium Member
15,316 Posts
the other gears are working fine. clutch and shifter feel normal. i talked to Rylan at the vic shop. { heck of a nice guy}... ran a magnet thru the oil fill. very small pices. nothing as far as pices.. oil looks like new.. normal. i change every 2500 miles, with the Victory Kit.... thank you for responding...
So you are saying it's not the clutch and you either can't shift into 6th gear or when you do; nothing happens? You can't feel 6th gear at all?

Just trying to get some clarity...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when itfirst happened. i shifted to 5th. went a short distance. then retryed 6th. it wouldn't go.. went back to 5th. rode a ways. then retryed 6th. it up shifts and the display reads 6th. but it just revs... it feels like the shifter is going fine, no sloppy movements..

Rylan at the Vic Shop says possible clutch.. guess i won't know till I remove the cover...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Please come back and let us know what you find Ken.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts