Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the bike to the dealer and had two codes p0563 and p0519 system high voltage and idle air control circuit out of range. They tried to clear the codes and it would not clear. Bike runs good, voltage at the battery when running is 14.5 volts, battery cables were a little loose, I tightened them and still had the problem. Dealer couldn't reset and said not to worry. Problem is non of the functions will display with the check engine on.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Answered this already elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Not my thread. But I did finally stumble across it though. Both codes are similar. Me thinks the place to start looking is the sensor.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Yeah but there's many sensors that can throw a code and if a dealer with digital wrench can't find it you're reduced to trial and error replacing sensors.
What hope have we got when dealers with high technology equipment can't find a fault!
Turn back the clock to carbs and points!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Yeah but there's many sensors that can throw a code and if a dealer with digital wrench can't find it you're reduced to trial and error replacing sensors.
What hope have we got when dealers with high technology equipment can't find a fault!
Turn back the clock to carbs and points!
I don't know about carbs and points, or maybe you were (half) kidding around. I had six carbs on my Valkyrie, and doing a carb-sync was a fair amount of hassle. And what if a diaphragm decided to rip?

But more to the point here, I don't know much about this, but I'm really surprised that a digital tool can't pin-point what's causing a digital ECM to complain. Who wrote that software?

·
Registered
262 Posts
If the ECM uses the OBDII protocol, once you have 3 consecutive trips without the errors showing up, the CEL will clear on its own. Easy way to do this, ride to the gas station, ride to another one, then home. 3 trips, bingo-bango-bango.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
But more to the point here, I don't know much about this, but I'm really surprised that a digital tool can't pin-point what's causing a digital ECM to complain. Who wrote that software?
More then likely , its who's holding the tool , IMO .

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
say pull regulator plug and clean it with electrical cleaner. Add small amount of dialectical grease plug back together and start bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts