Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if they have upgraded the speedo for 2010 cross roads,as the original was a pos. i seem to remember someone said something about it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
anyone know if they have upgraded the speedo for 2010 cross roads,as the original was a pos. i seem to remember someone said something about it.
nope, you're screwed brother... good luck getting a new one if you need it. i have been getting told "its on back order and should be available by ..... (insert 2 months from today)" only to be told when you call that its either still on backorder or discontinued.... if you contact VDO gauges, the company that makes them, they will tell you that it showing over 100 of them on a shelf at Victory. And if you decide that you are going to contact any of the people on VDO gauges website that are authorized repair people for them, they will tell you the same thing - replace it because its going to cost more to repair it - if it can be repaired at all.... it sucks because the mileage is stored in the speedo too... supposedly folks have been able to hack the dakota digital displays to work with our bikes/CANBUS system but good luck getting that info..

sorry to be the bearer of bad news amigo.
and it further complicates things because our speedometer was only used for 1 year - 2010....
my own personal opinion is that they knew it was a POS and they were just waiting out the 2020 year so they don't have to keep anything any more and can say its officially discontinued and leave us high and dry like when they announced the closing of Victory...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx, i have been in touch withe vdo repair people in my area,and there is nothing they can do. vdo claims the the readout is an only for polaris item. can be replaced a vdo gps speedometer,bout same money as a victory unit,might go that route,but for now just ride,mileage means nothing to me.

·
Registered
535 Posts
thanx, i have been in touch withe vdo repair people in my area,and there is nothing they can do. vdo claims the the readout is an only for polaris item. can be replaced a vdo gps speedometer,bout same money as a victory unit,might go that route,but for now just ride,mileage means nothing to me.
yeah sounds pretty much like the same BS run around i got... I even went so far as to get someone on the phone and ask if they design and build them, why on earth can't they fix them since they know them better than anyone else... usually at the point you get the "i'm sorry sir, but there really isn't anything we can do. is there anything else i can help you with today?" speech... i thought about using one of the cheap ass gps speedometers that i see on ebay, but the thought of losing the warning lights doesn't sit well with me.. i kind of miss being able to know how many miles i have gone on an oil change or when planning a trip, how much further, roughly, till the next turn... lol maybe on the next non-polaris bike.... ;)

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
This kind of thing really bothers me. Not bike related but my ISP has been having a new customer special that locks in the price for unlimited data at 1GB speed but I, as a long time customer, can't get it. I'm hoping for a new high speed Internet provider to come into the area so I can dump this one. The current one has a monopoly here.

Very similar to this issue. It wouldn't be bad if someone made a compatible speedo that would work in the 2010 XR's.

·
13,090 Posts
this place might have one

The Vic Werks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts