Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally pulled the trigger on a phenomenal 2010 hammer s. I've been dealing with a 99 v92c for two seasons and just got fed up with the previous owner's mods that are causing me issues so I went and bought a bike basically brand new.
I bought this one because...well I mean come on look at em. Badass. Also my girlfriend needed a backseat to ride( my 99 is bobbed)
But when she hopped on the back and we took a ride, it was so uncomfortable for her she couldn't hardly enjoy it. The damn mount for the Cowl is too hard and placed right under her butt bone.
I've been thinking of some sort of pop in extra seat that uses the existing mounts because I really don't want to have to get rid of the Cowl.
Anyone got any ideas on this, or do they already make an extra pop in seat that I don't know about?Thanks fellas, and I look forward to learning more about my new bike with you guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bike looks great, congrats on the purchase.

Regarding the seat. Not many options that I know of and I can't imagine ever really improving the passengers comfort. There is just not enough seat length or leg room.

Here's the Victory accessory seat I used on mine. Wasn't great but made the ride more tolerable to my wife.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I dig the seat on your bike too and I'm sure I'll end up with something like that but for now I'm in love with the look of the bike with the cowl still.
I'm gonna try to fab up another gel seat maybe that fits into the cowl mounts.

·
Registered
318 Posts
There is another option of a seat that looks good and is much more comfortable than stock. You can also take it off and just put back on the stock seat when you aren't going to have a passenger. it is a bandit seat. Looks good and in my opinion better than the touring seat, though the touring seat would be more comfortable to the passenger. It is called a bandit seat and comes with and without a flame pattern. I have the touring seat that I just don't like the looks of and should probably sell it or trade it for a bandit seat. Anyway, take a look at it and see if it is more of what you are looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Saddlemens Pads

Here's a link

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/saddlemen-saddlegel-seat-pads

Gel Pads, get the medium size and have her sit on that over the OEM seat, that might help her. It worked on my girlfriend for a while, then she had enough...she wanted me to get a more comfortable bike...I am now SINGLE :ltr:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha well...at least you got one ol lady that will never let ya down.
Lol and thanks for the link bud I'll check em out.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well I know I might be hyjacking this post, and that the posts above refer to making the passenger seat more comfortable by purchasing seat pads but I wonder if there is really a seat pad of any sort that will really make the operators seat more comfortable? I have never really entertained the possibility that it would be so, but if anyone has any positive experience with sticking a seat pad on the God awfully painful seat for the operator, I would be all ears and would be happy to find that simple of a solution. Thanks and my apologies for not staying with the OP's original concerns.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I know I might be hyjacking this post, and that the posts above refer to making the passenger seat more comfortable by purchasing seat pads but I wonder if there is really a seat pad of any sort that will really make the operators seat more comfortable? I have never really entertained the possibility that it would be so, but if anyone has any positive experience with sticking a seat pad on the God awfully painful seat for the operator, I would be all ears and would be happy to find that simple of a solution. Thanks and my apologies for not staying with the OP's original concerns.
I'm right there with ya bud, I don't have any natural cushion under me so I've looked into the same. I've seen some guys removing the leather flap in the front by the tank and sliding a gel pad in there even

·
Registered
318 Posts
As it turns out in another Hammer post one of the posters pointed out that his age is probably contributing to some of the pain. Me too. I just turned 60 and due to illnesses and some very serious body changing drugs have lost any semblance of fitness...even lost my ass...literally. I have found that my pants continue to drop no matter how tight the belt so I expect that my age has kicked in to do some very nasty things to my body, hence sitting and even wearing pants ain't what it used to be. Anyway, it is all good and wouldn't it be great if all of our troubles were so small as having to hike up your pants or stop after an hour and a half and stretch when riding a beautiful bike????? Sorry for my terrible digression in this post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts