Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for exhaust mod recomendations for my ride, best bang for the buck. D&D slip-on, stage 1 slip-on, agressive but too loud? Also, does the FI need to be remapped with such changes?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Went with factory stage 1 and download. Excellent sound etc

·
Registered
129 Posts
RE: Pipes

Depends on what you want. The victory stage ones provide better sound and I found mine on eBay new with the whole kit for $275 plus shipping. Dealer did the remap for $50. So all in all a fairly inexpensive upgrade (I like the new sound not too loud but not honda like either). If you are looking to improve performance aggressively there are probably better options, but I would have to defer to the techies for what are the best options to increase performance. Good luck it took me about a year to decide and my decision was largely based on price. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i drilled six 7/8" holes in the muffler end caps it made it louder especially under throttle. i unhooked the 02s to give a little more fuel.
i did not get a remap or air filter upgrade. it still ran fine. sounds way better than than stock.
i just wanted something until i could get the stage 1 kit that i really wanted.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Depends on what you want. The victory stage ones provide better sound and I found mine on eBay new with the whole kit for $275 plus shipping. Dealer did the remap for $50. So all in all a fairly inexpensive upgrade (I like the new sound not too loud but not honda like either). If you are looking to improve performance aggressively there are probably better options, but I would have to defer to the techies for what are the best options to increase performance. Good luck it took me about a year to decide and my decision was largely based on price. Ride Safe.
Wow, that's a sick bargain. Nice score.

·
Registered
129 Posts
RE: Score

Thanks. There were still 2 sets left on eBay when I last checked. They were $299 including shipping if memory serves. They are for the 06 07 models, but I think you could make them work for newer models up to the new 106 engine. Just an FYI if anyone is thinking of doing this. Dealer price for everything was 600 to 700 if memory serves me correctly.

Well this makes me sick. I just checked eBay and found this. $150 plus $30 shipping new stage one slip ons. Hope someone in the forum snaps these up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VICTORY-VEGAS-KINGPIN-HAMMER-JACKPOT-STAGE-1-EXHAUST-SLIP-ON-KIT-/200653006317?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb7d9e5ed

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks. There were still 2 sets left on eBay when I last checked. They were $299 including shipping if memory serves. They are for the 06 07 models, but I think you could make them work for newer models up to the new 106 engine. Just an FYI if anyone is thinking of doing this. Dealer price for everything was 600 to 700 if memory serves me correctly.

Well this makes me sick. I just checked eBay and found this. $150 plus $30 shipping new stage one slip ons. Hope someone in the forum snaps these up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VICTORY-VEGAS-KINGPIN-HAMMER-JACKPOT-STAGE-1-EXHAUST-SLIP-ON-KIT-/200653006317?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb7d9e5ed
Those looks just like the retail exhaust on the 2011. Do you know if that kit improve performance, or is it just a change in sound?

·
Registered
129 Posts
RE: Stage 1s

I believe they improve performance, but I can't really tell the difference. They probably have tech info on the web somewhere. I would try the victory site. If you are interested in whether the eBay pipes would work on your bike I would suggest asking KevinX in a PM. He is knowlegdable and helpful. Good Luck. My guess is that they would with modifications to the stock mounting plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts