Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
I just noticed my headlight is foggy on the inside. Before I attempt to take it apart, is it a sealed unit, or something I can access?
For your year/model it is not a sealed unit. You can take it apart. You can remove the lens housing, remove the bulbs, and clean through the bulbs openings. Just use extra care to make sure you don't scratch anything.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took it apart. As soon as I removed the bulbs, the fog went away from the lens. Question: If I drilled a small hole on the underside of the lens, will it keep it from fogging up again?

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
I just took it apart. As soon as I removed the bulbs, the fog went away from the lens. Question: If I drilled a small hole on the underside of the lens, will it keep it from fogging up again?
No, it will do the opposite. It will fog up even more. High temperature inside of the headlight invites moisture to get in. Having holes, provides an easier path for moisture to enter. What you want to do is seal the areas around the bulb, or if the lens housing has any visual openings due to ageing, seal them as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts