Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
ok ordered one off ebay and ordered the mounting block and bolt off Victory and the better brass bushings off chinese ebay.
Possbly drill and roll pin it in the interim...just getting new E4 fitted as we speak

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
OK shifter off a 2013 Hardball arrived today, complete with threaded adjuster linkage and bit that bolts to the selector shaft on the shift ratchet, which is a bonus, but minus the mounting plate and pivot bolt , which Ive ordered new through the local Victory / Indian dealership, 'should' arrive between 2nd and 8th December (should:unsure:)
Till then I'm gonna drill through the shaft and roll pin or bolt it into place secure.
Hardball shifter is black, my rear brake lever alloy, but ya cant see both sides at the same time, Ill possibly spray the brake lever black to match though.

Off to do a formal this evening for a friendS grandchild, done end of school formals before with my old car, but this is a first doing one with my bike,
evidently they had a McLaren lined up to do it, but have been left in the lurch , so I'm gonna do the cheaufferring with the Cross Country, pull up out front of the dance with "Born to be Wild" blaring out the speakers!
Probably have pix to follow up.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
wonders how you edit inevitable spelling mistakes on this new format?...cant see "EDIT"
On another note the rear E4 scrubbed in easy and is performing great!

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Till the parts arrive, We had another go at tightening up the 2010 shifter.
Drilled right through the hex shaft and tapped a thread into it.
Got the correct thread bolt to suit.
Red loctite and a washer and nipped it up snug.
Works fine!
Trip to Bathurst coming up next week, good test for the shifter .
XC now set up perfect for eating miles.
20191119_161142.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
well its working out that good that I probably didnt need to upgrade to a later shifter....but Ive got the shifter and just waiting on the mount and bolt and aftermarket bushes , so might as well use them .

·
Registered
275 Posts
wonders how you edit inevitable spelling mistakes on this new format?...cant see "EDIT"
On another note the rear E4 scrubbed in easy and is performing great!
Trial and error.
Edit button should be right next to the post # and time that you posted, just to the right of your avatar.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Trial and error.
Edit button should be right next to the post # and time that you posted, just to the right of your avatar.
Ahhhh, yes!...Got it !...Thanks!!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts